TradeStation doesn't store bid & ask data!

So I just found out that Tradestation servers do not store bid and ask volume data, only total volume. It seems they only store the last 5 days of bid and ask volume, so there is no point in having a cumulative delta indicator or a delta mode in the weis wave because they won´t plot historically. I find that unbelievable for such a "famous" platform not have this data.

http://help.tradestation.com/10_00/eng/tradestationhelp/elanalysis/indicator/volume_updn_indicator_.htm
http://help.tradestation.com/09_01/tradestationhelp/data_network/about_ts_data_network.htm
These users thanked the author logicgate for the post:
moey_dw
Alberto Gauer Borrego seller on MQL5 aka Rogue_Trader / LogicGate / Gauer

Re: TradeStation doesn't store bid & ask data!

logicgate wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:39 am So I just found out that Tradestation servers do not store bid and ask volume data, only total volume. It seems they only store the last 5 days of bid and ask volume, so there is no point in having a cumulative delta indicator or a delta mode in the weis wave because they won´t plot historically. I find that unbelievable for such a "famous" platform not have this data.

http://help.tradestation.com/10_00/eng/tradestationhelp/elanalysis/indicator/volume_updn_indicator_.htm
http://help.tradestation.com/09_01/tradestationhelp/data_network/about_ts_data_network.htm
That kind of sucks man, I wonder what the reason is for this? Sounds pretty stingy :think:
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Yes it sucks...

I thought it was too good to be true having real time and historical data for "free" I mean, you can open an account with Tradestation and fund the account with US$50 and use the platform and have futures, forex, stocks data, all realtime, with real volume and no fees.. I wanted to use for analysis but the lack of historical bid and ask volumes is a big deal breaker for me.

The cumulative delta would work "live" and perhaps plot 5 days of history, but you can´t study the indicator behavior so...
Alberto Gauer Borrego seller on MQL5 aka Rogue_Trader / LogicGate / Gauer

logicgate wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 am The cumulative delta would work "live" and perhaps plot 5 days of history, but you can´t study the indicator behavior so...
hihi man........... that s shit how bout ninjatrader??? surely ninja has bid ask data kept right?? cos sierra have bid ask inside Analysis > Studies u can load bid ask but after u go into Chart > Chart Settings.............
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:10 pm

hihi man........... that s shit how bout ninjatrader??? surely ninja has bid ask data kept right?? cos sierra have bid ask inside Analysis > Studies u can load bid ask but after u go into Chart > Chart Settings.............
Sierra chart? Aren't we talking about TradeStation here brother? Haha. I haven't used Sierra in a while after switching to PRT but I do miss it, there's a few ways you can do this in Sierra:

• Global Settings > Graphics Settings
  • Enable the Draw Bid and Ask Lines at Last Bar When Enabled
  • Global Settings > Graphics Settings. In the Colors and Widths list, select DOM Ask Line or DOM Bid Line
  • In Width, choose the Pixels.

Okay, now I'm sort of confusing myself. Pretty sure you have to do something in Global Settings > Data/Trade Service Settings, too :think:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance