Volatility Adjusted TDI

I wanted to share an idea I have had for some time regarding volatility adjusted indicators, in particular TDI. My idea is straightforward (I think) and not new, but in times of high volatility you can successfully increase indicator sensitivity to catch faster more aggressive movement whereas in times of low volatility a less sensitive indicator is looking for that all important breakout.

I started to mess around with a version of TDI called TDI-Clone-RT to see if I could dynamically update the length of the key indicators that make up the TDI. A couple of things regarding this. Firstly if I have posted work that in any way violates somebody's copyright or hard work, I sincerely apologise and if required will take the post off immediately. I do not want to take away from the hard work that other people do, just share an idea.

Secondly I am not a coder as you will undoubtedly see, I am not even sure if what I have done is working completely correctly, so please don't flame me for the mess I have attached. When I compare it to you competent coders out there, embarrassed is one word I would use and jealous is another :)

Basically what it attempts to do is take that last 50 bars, find the highest high/lowest low and (I think) load an array to dynamically adjust the signal line and tradesignal line that is finally produced.

I have compared it's output to that of TDI_RSX_Volatility indi which has an interesting comparison. See below, TDI-RT-Clone6 is the Frankenstein's monster that I have created.
Clearly there are some positives and negatives when you compare the two, but either way it improves over the standard TDI's that I have worked with that can get a bit 'choppy', unlike of course TDI_RSX which is clearly much more sophisticated.

I have attached the mq4, again if this is wrong please let me know and I will remove immediately.

I think this warrants some further development and work but you will absolutely see I am at the limits of my coding ability (if you can call it that). So if the community feels we can work on this further; I am putting the idea out there.
These users thanked the author rogerha for the post (total 3):
losajoca, vvFish, Jimmy

Re: Volatility Adjusted TDI

rogerha wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:29 pm I wanted to share an idea I have had for some time regarding volatility adjusted indicators, in particular TDI. My idea is straightforward (I think) and not new, but in times of high volatility you can successfully increase indicator sensitivity to catch faster more aggressive movement whereas in times of low volatility a less sensitive indicator is looking for that all important breakout.

I started to mess around with a version of TDI called TDI-Clone-RT to see if I could dynamically update the length of the key indicators that make up the TDI. A couple of things regarding this. Firstly if I have posted work that in any way violates somebody's copyright or hard work, I sincerely apologise and if required will take the post off immediately. I do not want to take away from the hard work that other people do, just share an idea.

Secondly I am not a coder as you will undoubtedly see, I am not even sure if what I have done is working completely correctly, so please don't flame me for the mess I have attached. When I compare it to you competent coders out there, embarrassed is one word I would use and jealous is another :)

Basically what it attempts to do is take that last 50 bars, find the highest high/lowest low and (I think) load an array to dynamically adjust the signal line and tradesignal line that is finally produced.

I have compared it's output to that of TDI_RSX_Volatility indi which has an interesting comparison. See below, TDI-RT-Clone6 is the Frankenstein's monster that I have created.

TDI Clone.JPG

Clearly there are some positives and negatives when you compare the two, but either way it improves over the standard TDI's that I have worked with that can get a bit 'choppy', unlike of course TDI_RSX which is clearly much more sophisticated.

I have attached the mq4, again if this is wrong please let me know and I will remove immediately.

I think this warrants some further development and work but you will absolutely see I am at the limits of my coding ability (if you can call it that). So if the community feels we can work on this further; I am putting the idea out there.
Not sure if you seen this type of volatility adjusted indicator.

Re: Volatility Adjusted TDI

Thanks Mr. Tools, not sure that is doing the same as what I have produced and it will take a bit of time to tell since you have to run the indi I produced to see the adjusted value over time. If you load it cold it just looks like a normal TDI.

I am testing/comparing the two now, my coding isn't good enough to decipher how the volatility adjustment on the indicator you posted works, so will need to spend some time with it to understand it.

Re: TDI Indicators for MT4

MrTools
I found this TDI with no mq4. It works but when I found the mq4 and fixed the 1090 updates it loads and hangs.
I have 18 TDI indicators and I have been trying to combine several of their items to no avail.
I like the line options and divergence which I can't find in any other TDI.

I will provide:
The EXE which loads good and appears to work, No suffix on the end,
The mq4 which shows the errors and It doesn’t compile, BEFORE the FIX with suffix“old”.
The mq4 fixed, after the fix, it does compile, with suffix “old2”. Loads slow and hangs up
I appreciate your help
Ray

TDI RSX Based - Smoothed + Alerts + Lines + Divergence MT4

traderduke wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:08 am MrTools
I found this TDI with no mq4. It works but when I found the mq4 and fixed the 1090 updates it loads and hangs.
I have 18 TDI indicators and I have been trying to combine several of their items to no avail.
I like the line options and divergence which I can't find in any other TDI.

I will provide:
The EXE which loads good and appears to work, No suffix on the end,
The mq4 which shows the errors and It doesn’t compile, BEFORE the FIX with suffix“old”.
The mq4 fixed, after the fix, it does compile, with suffix “old2”. Loads slow and hangs up
I appreciate your help
Ray

TDI rsx based - smoothed & alerts + lines + divergence.ex4

TDI rsx based - smoothed & alerts + lines + divergence-old.mq4

TDI rsx based - smoothed & alerts + lines + divergence-old2.mq4
Try this version, seems better and the mtf seems to be working, haven't been able to figure out how to limit the amount of bars shown on the separate window with the new mt4 version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
RodrigoRT7