MT4 News & Economic Calendar Indicators

This is the second update to the ffc indicator so to keep all related stuff in one place i will post here all future mods

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
derkwehler and other contributors - the core code of the FFCal indicator, FFCal_v20 dated 07/07/2009, Copyright @ 2006 derkwehler

deVries - for his excellent donated work that significantly altered and streamlined the file
handling coding to establish compatibility with the new release of MT4 Build 600+,
and which has resulted in faster code execution.
(Jobs for deVries )
qFish - for his generously given time and help during the effort to improve this indicator.
atstrader - For a neat new option controlling for what pair/pairs(s) news is shown.
awran5 - Rewrote the indicator all mods can be found here
________________________________________________________________________________________________

The moded ffc downloaded from here
Just in case some one is interested in
Here is the first update [viewtopic.php?f=578480&t=8415735&p=1295 ... 1295361181]

Whats new:
Started : Version control system. Specification : At released filename : filename_YYM.MDD.mq4
Added: Execute main rutine only once per minute
Added: Display the number of the day in month aside with day name
Improved: IgnoreKeyword, FindKeyword functions
Fixed: Reading events from xml file
Fixed: Selecting events

Regards
These users thanked the author Xronos__ for the post:
alextschem

MT4 News Reader by Mladen

Mladen has created a nice news reader indicator. Check this out, how good does it look!

PS: Please ensure you have dll imports enabled.

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: MT4 News & Economic Calendar Indicators

Jimmy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:25 pm Mladen has created a nice news reader indicator. Check this out, how good does it look!

PS: Please ensure you have dll imports enabled.

USDCADH1.png
thank you jimmy for giving many nice indicators. this news indicator outperforms all news indicators by showing forecast and previous release.
mladen has always remain ahead of other coders by creating fantastic indicators.

Re: MT4 News & Economic Calendar Indicators

Hello guys,

I thought I would open a thread which is focusing on news indicatos for MT4, so we can quickly find the avaiable indicators in one thread.
But I would like this also to be a development thread so, existing news indicators could be improved etc.

I am currently trying myself to create an indicator like that.
For that indicator I wan to use myfxbook.com calender data.
myfxbook.com/en/forex-economic-calendar

I was thinking about modifying this indicator: to work with myfxbook data - just like the economic calendar on the front page Forex Station Economic Calendar.

To get the data in form of a csv or xml file we would need to download it from their page, but that is only possible if you are logged in so we would need to use a cookie when sending the request, so we can download the xml file.

I never used Webrequests in mt4 and would like to know if someone could help me/guide me on how i can download the xml file. Once the xml file is downloaded I should be able to do the rest myself. My bottleneck is only that I do not know how to get the xml downloaded.

Kind regards,
salexes