Re: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average - (KAMA)

Advanced Kaufman AMA 1.01
MLADEN ; Interesting to compare : Kaufman AMA is already adaptive and when we use default adapting method that perry kaufman invented,but when it is modified - using jurik fractal dimension to "aid" the adapting it is quite different - it needs some parameters exploring/experimenting but adds to flexibility
that is why i named it Advanced when i was making it - always some room for improvement in some stuff but this one is a big change
Upgraded Advanced Kaufman AMA - jurik fractal dimension adaptive version - to prevent issue when period 1 for Kaufman AMA is used - it is an extremely rare case , but once in a thousand times it can happen - now it can not any more
The version with usual prices - interpolated mtf and alerts
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
andrei-1
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Advanced Kaufman AMA 2
New version,new options added,easier to use,some possible problems solved in this version of Advanced Kaufman AMA
20 prices added and made it user friendly - interpolated mtf
heispark

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Advanced Kaufman AMA 2.01
Meanwhile the new build MT4 (1010) was launched (that time) - so this version is upgraded accordingly (regarding "enum" PRICE_CLOSE to pr_close) - to match with and onward versions (MT4)
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post (total 2):
heispark, andrei-1

mntiwana wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:55 am kaufman ama averages filtered 1.2
The version with 22 prices addition
Hi, Mntiwana and all
I have a question. Should 'AMA period' be within 'Fast end' and 'Slow end'? (In the following example, between 2 and 30) I am testing KAMA rainbow and I am not sure if 'AMA period' can exceed the value of 'Slow end' (whether it's logically correct).
Thanks!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

heispark wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:53 pm
Hi, Mntiwana and all
I have a question. Should 'AMA period' be within 'Fast end' and 'Slow end'? (In the following example, between 2 and 30)
Screenshot - 020.png
I am testing KAMA rainbow and I am not sure if 'AMA period' can exceed the value of 'Slow end' (whether it's logically correct).
Thanks!
Keep 10 as it is and apply different values of fast/slow ends,and see what it do
then change 10 to any other value and apply same different value of fast/slow end - and compare the display
it is all about experimenting to find the best suitable fitting - a kind of learning
heispark