Re: Various Expert Advisors

mrtools
Thank you for this Mandarine EA. I have never traded Pivots before so I may have some dumb questions. You can see from the charts that it seems to be going quite well. but as you can see from the attached the SL & TP for some pairs are crazy. Do you have any idea what is wrong? My inputs are the same for all pairs.
The pairs that are closed did so by their own SLs, which were formed correctly.

Thank you
Ray
Charts Charts
inputs the same for all pairs inputs the same for all pairs
crazy TPs crazy TPs
crazy SLs crazy SLs

traderduke wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:37 pm mrtools
Thank you for this Mandarine EA. I have never traded Pivots before so I may have some dumb questions. You can see from the charts that it seems to be going quite well. but as you can see from the attached the SL & TP for some pairs are crazy. Do you have any idea what is wrong? My inputs are the same for all pairs.
The pairs that are closed did so by their own SLs, which were formed correctly.

Thank you
Ray

2-21-2018 4-45-35 AM-Mandarine-charts.png

2-21-2018 4-45-35 AM-Mandarine-inputs.png

2-21-2018 4-45-35 AM-Mandarine-TP-error.png

2-21-2018 4-45-35 AM-Mandarine-SL-error.png
Not sure what is causing that, maybe try a smaller number for TP/SL or at least SL been experimenting with numbers less than 1 like .75 for example.

mntiwana wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:49 pm UniLineBreak_v1__2 nmc
This EA is using (based on) "UniLineBreak_v2 nmc" indicator (posted in "Trend Indicators" thread)
i have not tried but seems wonderful - experts are requested upgrade EA to work with "UniLineBreak_v2.5" version indicator
Hi Mntiwana,

I have been forward testing this on a live account for about 3 weeks now. It has been running well until last night. It placed an order correctly on the G/U and before the order was triggered there was a condition reversal on the pair. However instead of just cancelling the order (which it did), it very quickly went on and opened a whole load of buy trades before closing them just as quickly resulting a a series of losses (mainly spread). When I say a load of trades, I think it was nearly 40 of them !!

Any ideas what happened here ? Attached is a CSV of the journal, I tried to attached the setfile but the forum doesn't allow that extension. In short, everything is default, except for SL (20) & TP (10) , and I have close on trend change enabled. breakeven is 8 with lock at 1 for both buy and sell. Lotsize fixed at 0.03.

Thanks in advance.

rogerha wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Mntiwana,

I have been forward testing this on a live account for about 3 weeks now. It has been running well until last night. It placed an order correctly on the G/U and before the order was triggered there was a condition reversal on the pair. However instead of just cancelling the order (which it did), it very quickly went on and opened a whole load of buy trades before closing them just as quickly resulting a a series of losses (mainly spread). When I say a load of trades, I think it was nearly 40 of them !!

Any ideas what happened here ? Attached is a CSV of the journal, I tried to attached the setfile but the forum doesn't allow that extension. In short, everything is default, except for SL (20) & TP (10) , and I have close on trend change enabled. breakeven is 8 with lock at 1 for both buy and sell. Lotsize fixed at 0.03.

Thanks in advance.
At first,i am not coder of that or of any thing :)
secondly,when every experts advising test every tool (indicator,EA) on demo,why you testing on live till you trust it,familiar with and understand well its all features and productivity
better to consult some expert coder
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:24 pm
At first,i am not coder of that or of any thing :)
secondly,when every experts advising test every tool (indicator,EA) on demo,why you testing on live till you trust it,familiar with and understand well its all features and productivity
better to consult some expert coder
Thanks Mntiwana, I actually did 200 trades in demo before going live on small lotsize. No harm has been done because of the lotsize, I have put around 300 trades though the EA until this happened.

There is no author in the code, so this is why I came back to you :)

rogerha wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Thanks Mntiwana, I actually did 200 trades in demo before going live on small lotsize. No harm has been done because of the lotsize, I have put around 300 trades though the EA until this happened.

There is no author in the code, so this is why I came back to you :)
Brother
Are you using martingale part trading or only buy/sell according to indicator signaling
you must read and understand exact code explanations in details
"
extern string MoneyManagement = "===== MONEY MANAGEMENT =====";
extern double Lots = 0.01; // Lot size

//When MM_Risk is disabled: use lot size.

extern string MM_Risk = "----- Risk Money Management -----";
extern bool UseMoneyManagementRisk = false;
extern double RiskAB = 15; // Risk is % of account balance to risk per sequence

//When MM_Martingale is active: value of initial lot.

extern string MM_Martingale = "----- Martingale -----";
extern bool UseMartingale_Loss = false;
extern double LotsMultiplier_Loss = 2.0; // Multiplication factor of lot per each lost operation.

// When Risk and MM_Martingale are both disabled: fixed lot size.
// If MM_Risk is active, never can be active MM_Martingale and viceversa (if MM_Martingale is active, never can be active MM_Risk).

extern string OrderSettings = "===== ORDER SETTINGS =====";

// The order always are stop pending orders
// To the buy orders, it calculates from High of the candle of the signal
// To the sell orders, it calculates from Low of the candle of the signal
// The orders expire when are not executed and the indicator show another new signal

extern int MaxOrders = 1; // Max Number of orders Pending.
extern double OrderDistanceBuyPips = 3; // Distance in points from: High(Pending)
extern double OrderDistanceSellPips = 3; // Distance in points from: Low(Pending)

extern bool OnlyBuyMode = true; // Only Buy Mode switch
extern bool OnlySellMode = true; // Only Sell Mode switch

extern string ExitSettings = "===== EXIT SETTINGS =====";
extern bool CloseOnTrendChange = false; // Close position by change of indicator signal

//###################################################################################################################################

// IF THERE IS AN OPEN ACTIVE ORDER AND APPEAR A NEW ONE FROM THE INDICATOR, THE NEW SIGNAL WILL BE PROCESSED WITH THE FOLLOW METHOD:

// When CloseOnTrendChange = false
// 1- Exist an active order
// 2- The signal don't touch Take Profit or Stop Loss (is still active)
// 3- If there is a new signal,it waits until the price close at Take Profit or Stop Loss
// 4- Once the signal will be closed, the sistem will be waiting for the next signal

// When CloseOnTrendChange = true
// 1- Exist an active order
// 2- The signal don't touch Take Profit or Stop Loss (is still active)
// 3- If there is a new signal from the indicator, the active order automatically will be closed. It will be closed on the same price
//of the close candle of the new signal (I mean, when the bar of the new signal closes)
// 4- It will lunch a new pending stop order at the same candle

//#################################################################################

extern string ControlBuy = "===== CONTROL BUY =====";
extern double TakeProfitPipsBuy = 20;
extern double StopLossPipsBuy = 20;
extern bool HideBuyTP_SL = false; // Hidden TakeProfit And StopLoss Mode
extern bool UseBreakEvenBuy = false; // If BreakEven is active, TrailingStop can't be active
extern double MoveToBreakEveAtPipsBuy = 12; // When the price moves to X benefit in pips move SL to BE
extern double MoveToBreakEvenLockPipsBuy = 5; // When the price is BreakEven +/- x pips, move SL to BE
extern bool UseTrailingStopBuy = false; // If the TrailingStop is active, Breakeven can't be active.
extern double TrailingStopBuy = 10;
extern double TrailingStepBuy = 5;

extern string ControlSell = "===== CONTROL SELL =====";
extern double TakeProfitPipsSell = 20;
extern double StopLossPipsSell = 20;
extern bool HideSellTP_SL = false; // Hidden TakeProfit And StopLoss Mode
extern bool UseBreakEvenSell = false; // If BreakEven is active, TrailingStop can't be active
extern double MoveToBreakEveAtPipsSell = 12; // When the price moves to X benefit in pips move SL to BE
extern double MoveToBreakEvenLockPipsSell = 5; // When the price is BreakEven +/- x pips, move SL to BE
extern bool UseTrailingStopSell = false; // If the TrailingStop is active, Breakeven can't be active.
extern double TrailingStopSell = 10;
extern double TrailingStepSell = 5;

//########################################################################################

"

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

That’s a fair question Mntiwana, thank you for asking, but no Martingale is being used (you can see that from the static lotsize) that’s not my trading style 😀 I have tried to look at the problem in more detail but my coding isn’t good enough. It was almost as if the EA didn’t acknowledge that the order was safely cancelled after the change of conditions and continually tried to close out the position (which actually hadn’t triggered) at market, but I cannot see why. It was all over and done with in seconds but left one buy trade on at the end.

If anybody can help I would be grateful, I have run over 400 trades through this EA and I haven’t seen this problem before and actually I am beginning to wonder if I will see it again.

Perhaps Mladen or Mrtools can spare some of their very valuable time.

rogerha wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:28 am That’s a fair question Mntiwana, thank you for asking, but no Martingale is being used (you can see that from the static lotsize) that’s not my trading style 😀 I have tried to look at the problem in more detail but my coding isn’t good enough. It was almost as if the EA didn’t acknowledge that the order was safely cancelled after the change of conditions and continually tried to close out the position (which actually hadn’t triggered) at market, but I cannot see why. It was all over and done with in seconds but left one buy trade on at the end.

If anybody can help I would be grateful, I have run over 400 trades through this EA and I haven’t seen this problem before and actually I am beginning to wonder if I will see it again.

Perhaps Mladen or Mrtools can spare some of their very valuable time.
I dont know where is fault but it is strange when EA was performing well before why and how it changed its behavior - in general when no martingale is active or exist in code,the ea must be opening one trade at a time,if it triggered by SL/TP,it waits till next signal come or when conditions met - and as second choice if trend change to opposite it close the running/on going trade and open new in the trend direction or as signals and conditions met - i am trying explain as per my poor knowledge but it can happen as EA coded the way
Mostly EAs are coded the way,continuously watching at every tick,if there are new signals,if conditions met for any trade,if yes,then they find if there is any open trade in same direction,if yes,then EA keep silent and again on duty - in case if in opposite then EA close the on going trade and open new trade accordingly - and it depends on the logic if trade should be open/closed on bar close and or on every tick