Re: Trend Indicators

Jimmy wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:25 pm
Apologies if this has been posted here already but I could not find it on Forex-Station! This is the Ultra Trend Smoothed indicator by Mladen which includes extra features like MTF Interpolation, limit bars and choice of smoothing parameters.

Upon testing, as a trend trading indicator it gives traders the ability to simply see the trend at just a glance but oddly enough, seems to work just as well for counter-trend trading if combined with a trend-reversal tool like the RSI or Chaos Visual Averages.

Thanks to Mladen and Mntiwana.

USDJPYM30ULTRATRTENDSMOOTHED.png
Ultra trend basic smooth.ex4
Thanks for uploading this indicator...
Seems to be consuming more memory..
Can it be remade so that it consumes less memory?

Thanks,
Your dedication to the craft of trading is constantly tested by the demons of fear and greed

This is an old TSD indicator that I updated . I t uses the slope of Accelerator and Awesome indicator to determine if the trend is up, down or neutral. If both sloping up the histogram shows bullish, if both sloping down bearish, and otherwise no trend.
Attachments
AOAC histo (mtf+alerts+arrows+text ).ex4
(32.71 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
aoac new.png

Guess this could be a sort of trend indicator, made a fractal channel with filled areas in between. If you don't like the filled areas just change the color to none, if you use the filled areas make sure charts in fore ground is checked.
Attachments
Fractal - channel - filled.ex4
(9.56 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
fractal channel filled.png

This is Pdf Ma with floating levels , indicator is mtf with alerts. Color choices are on slope, levels cross, or on mid level cross. Floating level choices are quantile bands, deviation bands,regular floating levels, or no levels. Also have the 33+ price options along with the filter options.

Mladen on probability density function(Pdf):::::

In short, this is a kind of weighted average (or a digital filter, depends how somebody prefers to call it) that is using probability density function to calculate the coefficients and the average. The short description of PDF is :

In probability theory, a probability density function (PDF), or density of a continuous random variable, is a function, whose value at any given sample (or point) in the sample space (the set of possible values taken by the random variable) can be interpreted as providing a relative likelihood that the value of the random variable would equal that sample. In other words, while the absolute likelihood for a continuous random variable to take on any particular value is 0 (since there are an infinite set of possible values to begin with), the value of the PDF at two different samples can be used to infer that, in any particular draw of the random variable, how much more likely it is that the random variable would equal one sample compared to the other sample.

More information here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probabili ... y_function
Attachments
Pdf Ma (mtf + alerts + fl's).ex4
(68.49 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
pdf.png

Hello,
I have a question. I see Gold is not included in currencies in CCFp indicators available here and there. Is this impossible (or Doesn't it make sense) to add Gold to CCFp?
Thanks! :)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

mrtools wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:51 pm
This is Pdf Ma with floating levels , indicator is mtf with alerts. Color choices are on slope, levels cross, or on mid level cross. Floating level choices are quantile bands, deviation bands,regular floating levels, or no levels. Also have the 33+ price options along with the filter options.

Hi mrtools
my regards
Hope when you have time to transform this indicator to Histo version. Hope to keep the three Color choices and as the display types option should be deleted, please change the arrows (dots) to vertical lines lines with OnFirst bar option
Thanks
Pdf Ma (mtf + alerts + fl's).ex4
download/file.php?id=3329536

mrtools wrote:

In short, this is a kind of weighted average (or a digital filter, depends how somebody prefers to call it) that is using probability density function to calculate the coefficients and the average. The short description of PDF is :

In probability theory, a probability density function (PDF), or density of a continuous random variable, is a function, whose value at any given sample (or point) in the sample space (the set of possible values taken by the random variable) can be interpreted as providing a relative likelihood that the value of the random variable would equal that sample. In other words, while the absolute likelihood for a continuous random variable to take on any particular value is 0 (since there are an infinite set of possible values to begin with), the value of the PDF at two different samples can be used to infer that, in any particular draw of the random variable, how much more likely it is that the random variable would equal one sample compared to the other sample.

many thanks to MrTools, Mladen etc for many good ideas of indicators.
This pdf ma is another excellent indicator.
However, even an excellent indicator does not help if we don't know how to use it in trading. I find this lack of information on uses of indicators widespread in this forum. Even a very simple indi such as RSI has many dozen possible uses in trading, not all traders are aware of them.
I want to use few indis in my trading, but I want to understand them well.

Some indis have many parameters, and we can't guess the meaning of many of them.

Could anybody explain how to use pdf ma?
Pdf is of a random variable, what is the random variable shown by the indi?
Is the main signal of the indi the mean value of the pdf?
Why are the levels mostly on the opposite side of the price, unlike bollinger bands where you have x standard deviation on both side?

Many thanks.
The link to the wikipedia article is too general.

Keepitsimple wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:10 pm
mrtools wrote:

many thanks to MrTools, Mladen etc for many good ideas of indicators.
This pdf ma is another excellent indicator.
However, even an excellent indicator does not help if we don't know how to use it in trading. I find this lack of information on uses of indicators widespread in this forum. Even a very simple indi such as RSI has many dozen possible uses in trading, not all traders are aware of them.
I want to use few indis in my trading, but I want to understand them well.

Some indis have many parameters, and we can't guess the meaning of many of them.

Could anybody explain how to use pdf ma?
Pdf is of a random variable, what is the random variable shown by the indi?
Is the main signal of the indi the mean value of the pdf?
Why are the levels mostly on the opposite side of the price, unlike bollinger bands where you have x standard deviation on both side?

Many thanks.
The link to the wikipedia article is too general.
You mean too complicated, :)