Re: Identify This Indicator

thiru wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 pm Hi

Found this in a video from youtube, where the author talks about accumulation, (sometimes he refers as true support and resistance)

Any idea what kind of indicators are they, the one marked in green and red

thanks in advance

//
youtube.png
Just to add, this is from forexfactory and the guy claims those indicators show you basically aggregated order book which, as we all know, is impossible in FX. He said its not Oanda or any other known order book plugin.

mades wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:36 pm Just to add, this is from forexfactory and the guy claims those indicators show you basically aggregated order book which, as we all know, is impossible in FX. He said its not Oanda or any other known order book plugin.
Why not possible in FX? He uses only the DumbMoney stops, right? The question just is where is the source for the information? I mean, where you find information about DM and you can be sure you avoid SmartMoney and Not-So-Dumb-Money? It reminds me of a pic of an indi where the 'real' long/short volume was shown. It accumulated the opened and closed positions of retail traders (the DM) in the tf. The indi wasn't very reliable from the view of a retail trader. For SM the information is more helpful. The older members may remind the pic form 2014:
The source was MyFXBook.com. He bought the information from them and he was negotiating about the pending orders as well. It seems to be the same guy and it looks like he had succeeded ;)

Krelian99 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Why not possible in FX? He uses only the DumbMoney stops, right? The question just is where is the source for the information? I mean, where you find information about DM and you can be sure you avoid SmartMoney and Not-So-Dumb-Money? It reminds me of a pic of an indi where the 'real' long/short volume was shown. It accumulated the opened and closed positions of retail traders (the DM) in the tf. The indi wasn't very reliable from the view of a retail trader. For SM the information is more helpful. The older members may remind the pic form 2014:

communityrelativevolume.gif

The source was MyFXBook.com. He bought the information from them and he was negotiating about the pending orders as well. It seems to be the same guy and it looks like he had succeeded ;)
Because FX is decentralized? That pic you posted, I saw the original thread on FF and pic was deemed fake even here.

Sorry to say that, but you're very naive. You also should read and listen correctly what is used and for what. He described everything in his videos. DM-information can easily be collected and bought from brokers and MyFXBook.com, when you negotiate well. The information of the SM you also can buy. I hope you can count 1 and 1.

Fake? No fake. This is the original template. He still likes HeikenAshi ;)

I disagree with you, even if brokers would sell those data, it would cost a lot of money because of how many brokers there are and nature of data. And that is just retail, "dumb money" is also institutional money.

SM money aggregated FX order book - where can you buy it? Enlighten us. And I'm not talking about services where banks report some of their positions, those are of course available.

Now myfxbook has api afaik so you can extract some of the data. But the pic posted here before (not the one you posted) is from the guy who claims myfxbook is not the source, nor oanda.

Whether you agree or not, the result stays the same. Maybe you can't buy the info from brokers, other participants can. The question is: Is it useful for us retail traders to know what the mass does? No, the SM draws the DM here into the market, feeds it a bit and slaughters the DM there. Learn to follow the SM and know what tricks they use and it should be fine.

Funny, that he should say something different on FF.com as elsewhere. He wanted 1.000€ for that strategy (also he had planed webinars, but too few were interested) and claims the data is from MyFXBook.com. From Futures they are not. I mean from where the data really is... who cares in the end when it works in your Strategy. The pending orders indi is maybe more interesting - I don't say you need it. The pic he posted is from H4 or D1. I never used it live but it's interesting to see afterwards where the retail traders go in and what the price does. Poor mass.