Re: OBV (On Balance Volume) post #

Schwarz wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:37 pm Hello Jimmy,
thanks very much for sharing the "volume flow indicator mtf 2.1 ex4" also the the "mq4" version on post # 35
but my question is: was it by purpose that you did show 2 identical versions in your post? why?

I thougth you would show one for the Main-chart, and another one for the Subwindow? (because you loaded 2 identical versions)

I am looking for the main-chart - version (one plus - and one minus-version) like in the picture.

Thanks Schwarz
Yes they are identical versions but displayed differently (one is the oscillator and the other is a histogram).

I believe there is an on-chart version here - somewhere.
I'm sure Mntiwana will post it if there is one (he's like our indicator encyclopedia here) ;)
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: OBV (On Balance Volume)

mntiwana wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 am Sorry guys i dont see any on chart ver (specific) of it,may be it was not invented
sorry mntiwana, I was only asking because of the picture shown from Jimmy in this thread (#35) where jimmy answered
(they are identical versions but displayed differently (one is the oscillator and the other is a histogram). but I think that is not true. they are identical.

thanks
Schwarz

Re: Volume Flow Indicator + MTF + Alerts

Jimmy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:45 pm Apologies if this is a repost but I'd like to share the Volume Flow Indicator with MTF and Alerts.

At first glance it doesn't seem like a very useful indicator but upon further research this is one of those hidden gems.
According to my findings the Volume Flow Indicator was first introduced by Markos Katsanos and is based on the popular On Balance Volume (OBV) indicator.

A simplified interpretation of the Volume Flow Indicator is:
  • Indicator above the Zero line indicate a strong bullish state.
  • Indicator below Zero line indicate a strong bearish state.
  • A reliable trade signal is said to be the crossing of the Zero line which is a major signal for a BUY or SELL signal.
  • The strongest signal with all money flow indicators is of course divergence so keep an eye out for it.
  • Markos Katsanos himself suggests using a "0.2" coefficient for day trading and "0.1" for intra-day.
Hi Jimmy,

Attractive indicators on your main chart. What is that blue and maroon? Thanks in advance.

Jimmy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:45 pm Apologies if this is a repost but I'd like to share the Volume Flow Indicator with MTF and Alerts.

At first glance it doesn't seem like a very useful indicator but upon further research this is one of those hidden gems.
According to my findings the Volume Flow Indicator was first introduced by Markos Katsanos and is based on the popular On Balance Volume (OBV) indicator.

A simplified interpretation of the Volume Flow Indicator is:
  • Indicator above the Zero line indicate a strong bullish state.
  • Indicator below Zero line indicate a strong bearish state.
  • A reliable trade signal is said to be the crossing of the Zero line which is a major signal for a BUY or SELL signal.
  • The strongest signal with all money flow indicators is of course divergence so keep an eye out for it.
  • Markos Katsanos himself suggests using a "0.2" coefficient for day trading and "0.1" for intra-day.
AUDJPYH1VF.png

Mladen edit : The Vlume Flow Indicator was already made by me but this version is some what changed - difference is that this version allows "pre smoothing" - the idea was to check if the value can be smoother but without lag - it seems to be working OK, (see the lower example in picture 2 for comparison - the difference is obvious)
Thanks.

mntiwana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:12 pm This VFI version does'nt displays slope change coloring (although is selected) when in mtf mode (as per image).
Could it be fixed?
Thanks.
But in picture it changing when zero crossing
[/quote]

Thats correct, but it should change on slope.

It has three options "on color change":
1-color change on slope change
2-color change on zero level cross
3-color change on smooth value cross

In picture I selected option 1) but when changing the indicator time frame (to other than the one on graph) it automatically uses only zero cross color change.

losajoca wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:01 am
But in picture it changing when zero crossing
Thats correct, but it should change on slope.

It has three options "on color change":
1-color change on slope change
2-color change on zero level cross
3-color change on smooth value cross

In picture I selected option 1) but when changing the indicator time frame (to other than the one on graph) it automatically uses only zero cross color change.
[/quote]
I checked,you are right,it goes back on default when in mtf mode
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

losajoca wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:40 pm

This VFI version does'nt displays slope change coloring (although is selected) when in mtf mode (as per image).
Could it be fixed?
Thanks.
Fixed the mtf and other coloring problems, seems better to me.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 11):
rudiarius, Jimmy, moey_dw, Jagg, heispark, FBI, losajoca, hannele, reachme, SilverBB, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:34 am Fixed the mtf and other coloring problems, seems better to me.
Big thanks to Mrtools for fixing this it now works perfectly :clap:

Markos Katsanos designed the Volume Flow Indicator and recommended we use:

• 0.2 coeff for day trading
  • 0.1 coeff for intra-day
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Cazz223
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance