Re: Does this indicator repaint?

Loki wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:02 am Hello,

Could anyone help me out? I am wondering if the tii indicator recalculate. It is a bit hard to say because it does not update. Only when switching from timeframes. It is an older piece of code but based on an interesting concept.

Thanks for your help!
No, there is nothing that would repaint in the code. Recalculation the current value while the candle isn't closed is normal and desired behavior. I just get a flat line. Can you post a pic of your chart how it looks like?

Krelian99 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:27 am

No, there is nothing that would repaint in the code. Recalculation the current value while the candle isn't closed is normal and desired behavior. I just get a flat line. Can you post a pic of your chart how it looks like?
Krelian
Is it not Trend Intensity Index and if i am right then you have properly coded so many advanced featured versions by your own coders but experts knows better
Attachments
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Loki wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:02 am Hello,

Could anyone help me out? I am wondering if the tii indicator recalculate. It is a bit hard to say because it does not update. Only when switching from timeframes. It is an older piece of code but based on an interesting concept.

Thanks for your help!
So Nas says use a version that works and IS TII ;) Thes pics he made once.

Loki wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Thanks guys! This was the thing i needed. See the picture. The averages works fine for me;
It is good it work for you,try to improve it more there is flexibility in Averages ver,for example use some smoothed methods
and it seems that your old "TII" was actually "Trend Intensity Index" indicator,is it right ?
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 pm
It is good it work for you,try to improve it more there is flexibility in Averages ver,for example use some smoothed methods
and it seems that your old "TII" was actually "Trend Intensity Index" indicator,is it right ?
The old one is the intensity index indeed. I like that one very much but it is old code, doesn't update at new bars. I hoped there would be an updated mtf version of it somewhere but didn't find it. I like the way it calculates the values.

But thanks for your help!