Moving AveragesRe: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Dear Friends,

I would like to ask You a question,

Do you know or maybe it has already been done Bollinger bands indicator where you can choose different types of averages?

What I mean is something like:

Bollinger bands ma 1.3 but with more types of averages to choose or standard set of averages just like in averages 8.8

I want to test different averages types with different standard deviations settings (in built deviation) , especially want to check adxvma (like it very much)

I don’t know is it a good idea or is it can be done? I’ve known after Mr Mladen that Bollinger standard deviation is also counted according to simple moving average, so choosing different type of average may not give good results, but this is beyond my possibilities.

Do You know maybe or can direct me to other types of indicators which can also measure standard deviation?

Thank You for Your answer and time!

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

pacois wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 pm Hi mrTool, you can add an alert and do not repeat the arrows. Thanks.
You dont happend to read Mladen's advice,once he guide,remove "-1" from this part
"MODE_SMA,i-1)"
and add "+1" here too "MODE_SMA,i)" ------- :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Kyo wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 pm Dear Friends,

I would like to ask You a question,

Do you know or maybe it has already been done Bollinger bands indicator where you can choose different types of averages?

What I mean is something like:

Bollinger bands ma 1.3 but with more types of averages to choose or standard set of averages just like in averages 8.8

I want to test different averages types with different standard deviations settings (in built deviation) , especially want to check adxvma (like it very much)

I don’t know is it a good idea or is it can be done? I’ve known after Mr Mladen that Bollinger standard deviation is also counted according to simple moving average, so choosing different type of average may not give good results, but this is beyond my possibilities.

Do You know maybe or can direct me to other types of indicators which can also measure standard deviation?

Thank You for Your answer and time!
Have you tried Mladen's "Adxvma bands" ver
Attachments
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
Kyo
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Timing Indicator

Hi mrtools, mntiwana, mladen,

Do you have a Timing Indicator that is similar to this ------------------------------------------------------------------ indicator? This is MT5 version.

Couldn't find the MT4 version. Will it be possible to create one?

Sure this can be used in conjunction with channels for entry timing.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT
Some more info here ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------