Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:31 am

Holmes27 have you tried the version from here: https://www.forex-station.com/viewtopic ... 1295077613 ?

Hello mrtools – thanks very much for your response.

Yes, I had tried that version and I’ve just downloaded it again and reinstalled it. The platform is still freezing when I load the indicator on to a chart; you can see from the screenshot of Task Manager that MT4’s CPU usage goes up to >28% from its usual 1% to 3%.

This is a really good indicator and it would be great if you can get it working properly for me, and for other users too if they are having the same problem.

With thanks

Holmes27
Attachments

Holmes27 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:24 am

Hello mrtools – thanks very much for your response.

Yes, I had tried that version and I’ve just downloaded it again and reinstalled it. The platform is still freezing when I load the indicator on to a chart; you can see from the screenshot of Task Manager that MT4’s CPU usage goes up to >28% from its usual 1% to 3%.

This is a really good indicator and it would be great if you can get it working properly for me, and for other users too if they are having the same problem.

With thanks

Holmes27
I tested cpu usage with and with out this but not found any significant difference,500 down loads from Mrtools post,but no complain yet,anyway did you tried reducing number of bar function,this is for this purpose
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

hannele wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm Hi :)
Could anyone point out where is 'mymaths' folder in mq4 please. I can find all other folder par that one. Thank you.
hannele
Take a look into your 'include'-folder, but MT4 hasn't that folder. I guess, MyMath is the older denomination, my MT5 has only folders without 'My' in front of the names 'Array', 'Chart' and so on.

Interesting that MT5 brings Fuzzy libaries by birth... very interesting :thumbup:

mntiwana wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 pm
I tested cpu usage with and with out this but not found any significant difference,500 down loads from Mrtools post,but no complain yet,anyway did you tried reducing number of bar function,this is for this purpose

Thanks mntiwana; I have now reduced the ‘Bars To Count’ from the default 1000 bars down to 250 bars. This reduction has reduced the CPU usage down to about 15% (screenshot attached), but my MT4 platform is still running very slowly.

I have previously used other indicators that require a lot of CPU power – such as the CCFP type indicators – but I have not experienced any previous problems with indicators causing my platform to run slowly.

I hope that you can still help?

With thanks

Holmes27
Attachments