Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Samnix wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:13 am

Wow, I am realy happy now. I thought here are the gods of the universe at home...
I am glad, just normal people which can be so, so wrong.
Well mladen, what if my buddy made with trix-tsi-cross 1200% last week on Ger30 (with proof)
Is it still "nonsense" ? I don`t think so. Come on what about your "experiments" with indicator ideas? What about thinking out of the box?
Is there no challenge left ?
Don`t get me wrong... biggest respect, no question, but after all you are just a human who can be wrong too.
Hope you can stand criticism. Regards
Hello Samnix,
You can do RSI of something or CCI of something, but there are some request that makes the coder know real quick the requester doesn't have a basic understanding of the nature of base indicators.
We have had a few concoctions made here over time and some abominations too.
For individuals with experience as Mr Mladen and Mr tools you should trust their judgment.
Also, we have quite a lot of indicators here with updated prices and pretty much all the MA methods your mind can conjure so its best to get acquainted real quick with the resources here.
Just my I cent

Samnix wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:13 am Wow, I am realy happy now. I thought here are the gods of the universe at home...
Well mladen, what if my buddy made with trix-tsi-cross 1200% last week on Ger30 (with proof)
Is it still "nonsense" ? I don`t think so. Come on what about your "experiments" with indicator ideas? What about thinking out of the box?
Don`t get me wrong... biggest respect, no question, but after all you are just a human who can be wrong too.
So young and yet so cynical. Maybe what mladen meant is that one independent indi can't be the signal line for another. An MA can be signal line since it is calculated out of the values of the base indi, like you have in Stochs or MACDs. On the other hand how you calculate the crossing point? You have a cross when Trix = TSI. You have two indis with no boundaries. Have you scrolled your screen to the left or right? The imaginary crossing points move, they aren't fix. And they haven't the same dimension. You must normalize both and scale one in/out and then you have a Frankenstein with parts that doesn't fit together at all.

BTW, 1200% a week is a hell bad money management. All guys trading with such an super high risk hit the very ground super hard earlier or later, just a matter of time. Combined without an bulletproofed strategy his account is a hippo in a rollercoaster. If you like your money, you'll must find something more solid.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, moey_dw, reachme

Samnix wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 am Hello mladen, mr. tools,

hope this kind of indi is a new idea and codable.

The indicator I am thinking of is a combination of mladens trix advanced amp alerts (mtf) and mladens Blau tsi mtf 2 (new).

In the pic you see an example of settings, where tsi and trix crossing each other. For that matter it would be nice to have "Blau_tsi_trix_cross_mtf" indicator.

Message, email, push alerts, mtf, interpolated. Trix period, price settings. No Histogramm needed, no Signal period and method needed Alerts on current or close.

Only one tsi line and one trix line which are used for crossings. (tsi visible divs of course too, alerting those is a bit too much asked).

tsi trix cross.png

trix_advanced_amp_alerts.mq4

It would be great, if the new indi could be coded out of those two indicators, because they are working very good together with nice results.
Example: ger30 H1, setting tsi 50/8/8 and trix (no signal line) setting 50.

Hope you, mladen or mr tools could have a closer look at it.
Thank you very much.

Note : Originally indicator name should be go like this "trix advanced alerts" - (mod)
Just take TSI and MA to it. Compare that with your pic, not so far, just try different settings, after all, trix is MA.

These users thanked the author FBI for the post:
moey_dw

Thanks guys for your opinions, experience about indis and moneymanagement.
My point was to make clear, compared to a hundred indis here, which are realy nonsense and no money is to make with, this idea has "money proof" and a long history of trying useless indis.
Ok I wouldn`t do this money rollercoaster, but it is his money...
To get a serios tech explanation, like Krelian99, why it isn`t possible to combine those two indis and getting an alert, is way more pro, than saying it`s nonsense.

Even if we are all beggars here, asking for a free foundation of wealth, it feels like disrespect getting such answers.

I understand everything here is free and all the hard work, but years of "buttkissing" from thousand people leavs marks. All human, all natural psychology.
Well I guess my buddy (and me) have to go without alerts. Just a bit more chart-time. All good.

With respect !

Samnix wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:13 am

Wow, I am realy happy now. I thought here are the gods of the universe at home...
Don't get me wrong, but :
  • You asked a question and you got the answer - if you don't like it : I wish you all the luck if you are ruled by emotions when trading and using TA
  • The second part is what we all know as usual commercial spamming - thank you for clarifying why someone was asking nonsense question about nonsense product that is then attempted to be sold.

The "proof" you are mentioning is usually called a coin tossing tactics : someone takes trades on 100 symbols (more or less randomly - as in your case since comparing values that are bounded in 0 to 100 range to values that are not bounded at all is pure randomness) and then shows results for only the positive trades. Then it is done the same again the next week, and again only the results for positive are shown. And so on and on and on ... Seen that for million times - don't bother showing that (at least to me, please, don't)
  • I am in this for years and years : do you really think that it is the first time that some commercial spammer have attempted to use some post of mine as a cause for flaming and as a "proof" for the nonsense that he/she was trying to paddle to people? Think again
Hope you can stand the truth ... (since I will not be answering posts of your any more)
Good bye
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 2):
electrical999, mtp