Re: ADX indicator(s) - metatrader

Dear mntiwana,

Thank you for a brilliant work on the above subject. However I had a shocking discovery about the late appearance of the indicator.

My preferred time frame to use is 4 Hour, ADX Period is 2, and visualization is H1 and H4.
While waiting for a signal to confirm entry at a particular hour based on other complimentary indicators, I didn't see adxplusdiminusdi showing. So, I did a screen shot to prove my suspicion and surprisingly, adxplusdiminusdi appeared suddenly on H1 candle but 3 hours ago which was not on my screenshot.

I think the indicator has a drawback of not appearing "real time". Sometimes, it disappears when the initial trend it confirmed failed.

How would you be of help to address this disadvantage.

Kind regards
Olajideprosper

olajideprosper wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 pm
Dear mntiwana,

Thank you for a brilliant work on the above subject. However I had a shocking discovery about the late appearance of the indicator.

My preferred time frame to use is 4 Hour, ADX Period is 2, and visualization is H1 and H4.
While waiting for a signal to confirm entry at a particular hour based on other complimentary indicators, I didn't see adxplusdiminusdi showing. So, I did a screen shot to prove my suspicion and surprisingly, adxplusdiminusdi appeared suddenly on H1 candle but 3 hours ago which was not on my screenshot.

I think the indicator has a drawback of not appearing "real time". Sometimes, it disappears when the initial trend it confirmed failed.

Kind regards
Olajideprosper
Hey man, Glad you see the problem im having to trying to figure that out as well. when i set the adxplusdiminusdi to 30 min on the 1 min most of the times it does not disappear and i catch good micro trends that reallly bank in profit! but sometimes it does disappear which sucks because like you said that means the price is gonna obviously hit the stoploss/ go against you. So if mr tools could help with this problem it would be great

micmac2 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:36 pm
olajideprosper wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 pm
Dear mntiwana,

Kind regards
Olajideprosper
Hey man, Glad you see the problem im having to trying to figure that out as well. when i set the adxplusdiminusdi to 30 min on the 1 min most of the times it does not disappear and i catch good micro trends that reallly bank in profit! but sometimes it does disappear which sucks because like you said that means the price is gonna obviously hit the stoploss/ go against you. So if mr tools could help with this problem it would be great
Try this one.
Attachments
adx plusdi minusdi cross histo (arrows + alerts + mtf).mq4
(7.57 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

mrtools wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:43 am
micmac2 wrote:

Can you post the indicator please.

here it is mr tools thank you :)
Attachments
adx plusdi minusdi cross (arrows + alerts + mtf).mq4
(6.55 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

mrtools wrote:
micmac2 wrote:

Try this one.
Are you able to make it so were able to change the size of the arrow like the one before?

micmac2 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 am
mrtools wrote:

Can you post the indicator please.

here it is mr tools thank you :)
If your using mtf the arrows will disappear if the mtf bar is not complete. For example if your on 1 minute time frame and have the arrows on 15 minute time frame if you get a signal on it the arrow will appear but if the signal changes during the 15 minute bar it can disappear until the 15 minute bar is complete. That is normal mtf behavior.

mrtools wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:34 am
micmac2 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 am

If your using mtf the arrows will disappear if the mtf bar is not complete. For example if your on 1 minute time frame and have the arrows on 15 minute time frame if you get a signal on it the arrow will appear but if the signal changes during the 15 minute bar it can disappear until the 15 minute bar is complete. That is normal mtf behavior.
Mr.Tools.
can you make the same indicator (adx plusdi minusdi cross (arrows + alerts + mtf).mq4)arrows update by filtering with icustom level for adx line /above 30 level. & for +D & -D1 line only if the cross below 20 level.
The tf pa bar should current price/close price as an option setting.
Attachments
Screenshot_3.jpg