Re: ADX DMI Indicators for MT4

mntiwana wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:33 pm
Like what,can you explain more what do you means for filter,if possible with picture/s
Ok so i've been using the MTF ADX with 30 min time setting for scalping on m1 and it has been very effective. I've been catching good micro trends all during london and new york. It's just some times i run into 2 or 3 false signals when im trading and the TMA bands work to filter out some false signals but wanted to find something else that worked better. Let me know what you think below is a image of and example of 2 false signals i'll get
Attachments

micmac2 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Ok so i've been using the MTF ADX with 30 min time setting for scalping on m1 and it has been very effective. I've been catching good micro trends all during london and new york. It's just some times i run into 2 or 3 false signals when im trading and the TMA bands work to filter out some false signals but wanted to find something else that worked better. Let me know what you think below is a image of and example of 2 false signals i'll get
Try to post some clear and visible colored picture
where is adx
try to experimenting on closer higher TFs - M1 with M30 might not be suitable and fit as per my poor knowledge
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:08 pm
Try to post some clear and visible colored picture
where is adx
try to experimenting on closer higher TFs - M1 with M30 might not be suitable and fit as per my poor knowledge
Alright, also do you recommend i choose the option to get alerted when the bar closes to get and alert? Cause i notice the arrow disappears sometimes , im guessing it might be cause the bar on the 30 min isnt closed

Dear mntiwana,

Thank you for a brilliant work on the above subject. However I had a shocking discovery about the late appearance of the indicator.

My preferred time frame to use is 4 Hour, ADX Period is 2, and visualization is H1 and H4.
While waiting for a signal to confirm entry at a particular hour based on other complimentary indicators, I didn't see adxplusdiminusdi showing. So, I did a screen shot to prove my suspicion and surprisingly, adxplusdiminusdi appeared suddenly on H1 candle but 3 hours ago which was not on my screenshot.

I think the indicator has a drawback of not appearing "real time". Sometimes, it disappears when the initial trend it confirmed failed.

How would you be of help to address this disadvantage.

Kind regards
Olajideprosper

olajideprosper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 pm Dear mntiwana,

Thank you for a brilliant work on the above subject. However I had a shocking discovery about the late appearance of the indicator.

My preferred time frame to use is 4 Hour, ADX Period is 2, and visualization is H1 and H4.
While waiting for a signal to confirm entry at a particular hour based on other complimentary indicators, I didn't see adxplusdiminusdi showing. So, I did a screen shot to prove my suspicion and surprisingly, adxplusdiminusdi appeared suddenly on H1 candle but 3 hours ago which was not on my screenshot.

I think the indicator has a drawback of not appearing "real time". Sometimes, it disappears when the initial trend it confirmed failed.

How would you be of help to address this disadvantage.

Kind regards
Olajideprosper
Hey man, Glad you see the problem im having to trying to figure that out as well. when i set the adxplusdiminusdi to 30 min on the 1 min most of the times it does not disappear and i catch good micro trends that reallly bank in profit! but sometimes it does disappear which sucks because like you said that means the price is gonna obviously hit the stoploss/ go against you. So if mr tools could help with this problem it would be great

micmac2 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:36 pm

Hey man, Glad you see the problem im having to trying to figure that out as well. when i set the adxplusdiminusdi to 30 min on the 1 min most of the times it does not disappear and i catch good micro trends that reallly bank in profit! but sometimes it does disappear which sucks because like you said that means the price is gonna obviously hit the stoploss/ go against you. So if mr tools could help with this problem it would be great
Try this one.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Forexlearner

[quote=micmac2 post_id=1295380547 time=1539873860 user_id=4930753]

If your using mtf the arrows will disappear if the mtf bar is not complete. For example if your on 1 minute time frame and have the arrows on 15 minute time frame if you get a signal on it the arrow will appear but if the signal changes during the 15 minute bar it can disappear until the 15 minute bar is complete. That is normal mtf behavior.