Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mitzescu wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:46 pm I'm sorry, my bad. I'm talking about Nema 2.31 MTF indicator. :)

Sometimes i'm stupid :)
haaha no man ur not stupid dont say that.....at least u can speak nice english :lol:
mrtool or mntiwana can u plz help mitz request :wave:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Bob Loblaw wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:57 pm Would it be possible to create a StepMA version of this please?

This is a start, will work on it some more as time allows.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 17):
Bob Loblaw, rijay, appsoluxions, Jimmy, mr12323, moey_dw, heispark, Holmes27, Anacon, SilverBB, taipan, Antonio, pipsquirrel, Jedidiah, 太虚一毫, kvak, nbibu

mrtools wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:18 pm This is Nema mtf with levels, the nema coloring is based on the level crosses. Indicator is mtf with alerts on color change and also is filtered.

For an explanation on Nema from Mladen:::

NEMA indicator - that calculates depth (offspring) of EMA of arbitrary "depth".

Nema can calculate all the known variations (offspring) of EMA : EMA, DEMA, TEMA, ... DecEMA, ... and so on, up to "levels" or "depth" 50 (whatever name it would be)

Some known depths :

1 -> EMA
2 -> DEMA
3 -> TEMA
10 -> DecEMA
50 -> the maximal depth calculated by this indicator
If the depth is set to 1, NEMA is equal to EMA, for depth 2 it is equal to DEMA, for depth 3 it is equal to TEMA and so on ..., up to depth 50. In any case, depths over 40 are — due to the way how internal calculation is done, are losing precision too much and unlike the lower depths, should be used for with extreme care and with reserve. Also, as a deviation from EMA (and DEMA and TEMA...) this indicator allows fractional period for calculation (there is no reason whatsoever why any EMA-type indicator should use only integer bound calculation period)
Could someone explain the meaning of the"filter to use", what is the filter based on? And what are the dashed green and red lines? Or is there a link where I can read the original idea of Mladen's nema? Thank you

Keepitsimple wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Could someone explain the meaning of the"filter to use", what is the filter based on? And what are the dashed green and red lines? Or is there a link where I can read the original idea of Mladen's nema? Thank you
The filter uses standard deviation to filter either the price or the nema values or both The dashed red and green lines are a sort of an on chart discontinued signal line more explanation you can find here viewtopic.php?p=1294806239#p1294806239