Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

thiru wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 pm

thanks mntiwana,

my curiosity point is, with the default values why both produce different results.

Just did another round of test with SMA and TEMA, which typically should produce different results. But the version 1.2 gives the same .. so I suspect something wrong.

2018-09-15 16_14_00-EURUSD,H1.png
And you cant believe how fantastic results would be come when filter added (on both latest versions- on chart and sw) - :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

thiru wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm Some more test, the first two are version 1.2 and the bottom two are version 1.1

same values 10, 50
in both case the 1st is SMA and 2nd is EMA

2018-09-15 16_25_32-EURUSD,H1.png
By the way,is not it good,Mrtools versions might be used for taking on/off trades (as these are fast/sharp) and Mladen's versions (the smoothed ones) for trend detection rather than higher TFs,as both kind coders versions working fine in their own style/display

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

thiru wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm Some more test, the first two are version 1.2 and the bottom two are version 1.1

same values 10, 50
in both case the 1st is SMA and 2nd is EMA

2018-09-15 16_25_32-EURUSD,H1.png
As i told you already,from my way of testing - "average period" parameters is less sensitive comparing to older versions

mntiwana wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:42 pm
As i told you already,from my way of testing - "average period" parameters is less sensitive comparing to older versions
Hope mrtools can look at it. As you said, both versions are good in their own way. If mrtools can add smoothing option as a setting it will be very nice and double good :)

btw, I picked up this indicator from your trading system which someone commented recently :)

thiru wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Hope mrtools can look at it. As you said, both versions are good in their own way. If mrtools can add smoothing option as a setting it will be very nice and double good :)

btw, I picked up this indicator from your trading system which someone commented recently :)
Here i am not agree with you - :)
Filters are far better than smoothing option,filter on both,on regular average and highest/lowest low average - some smoothness you can have by prices
which of my system and who commented :roll:

thiru wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:48 pm

And one more opinion,this toy can be used/applied as ribbon (empty) and MAs crossing too - but i think it more logical way

thiru wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 pm

thanks mntiwana,

my curiosity point is, with the default values why both produce different results.

Just did another round of test with SMA and TEMA, which typically should produce different results. But the version 1.2 gives the same .. so I suspect something wrong.

2018-09-15 16_14_00-EURUSD,H1.png
No it was an error on my side when calling the moving average function, didn't call enough instances of the moving averages :oops: Thanks for catching this :clap: . This version should fix that.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
thiru, talaate, FXchaos, Jimmy, heispark, Holmes27, AmirDehghani, Jedidiah