Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

JADragon3 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:16 am Could some explain to me the ADXvma ? I can't seem to find the informative literature on this site explaining it. I believe that it stands for ADX Variable moving average. But rather than being a regular Variable MA , it is smoothed out a bit for the flat/congested periods ? Please let me know so I can try and better wrap my mind around the calculations. Thanks :wave:
I can't point you to any resource I can only tell you my experience, it is by FAR the slowest and most smoothed MA, it's way slower than Ahrens or SMMA. Good for longterm trends on shorter TF.

mades wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:19 am

I can't point you to any resource I can only tell you my experience, it is by FAR the slowest and most smoothed MA, it's way slower than Ahrens or SMMA. Good for longterm trends on shorter TF.

When you compare it side by side to the Variable MA it is almost exactly identical. I was going to ask them if we could get some volume weight on there if it is not already part of the calculation.

JADragon3 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:55 am

When you compare it side by side to the Variable MA it is almost exactly identical. I was going to ask them if we could get some volume weight on there if it is not already part of the calculation.
What is being paddled at net as Variable MA as actually my adxvma renamed to variable ma (check the varible names and they are exactly the same as in my original code - and I really know that it was made by me).
Variable ma has nothing in common with adxvma. this is the formula of Variable MA
To calculate the Variable Moving Average (VMA):

with VR = Volatility Ratio

VMA = [ { 0.0788 * VR } * Close ] + [ { (1 - 0.078) * VR } * yesterday's VMA ]

mladen wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:23 am

What is being paddled at net as Variable MA as actually my adxvma renamed to variable ma (check the varible names and they are exactly the same as in my original code - and I really know that it was made by me).
Variable ma has nothing in common with adxvma. this is the formula of Variable MA

So would there be any point in adding Volume weight to the ADXVMA ? And if So , Can we get a version of Volume weighted ADXVMA ?

JADragon3 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:24 am

So would there be any point in adding Volume weight to the ADXVMA ? And if So , Can we get a version of Volume weighted ADXVMA ?
I believe that all that is good in adxvma (check the original I made that had "no trend zones" too) would be lost by introducing ticks (the "volume") which are as we all know intraday periodical (best seen on 1 hour charts with volumes on chart turned on)

I'd hate to take away from the ADXvma. Don't take this the wrong way but , ADXvma is almost a perfect moving average. At least , thats how I see it.

Wanted to share a chart and a few indicators I am experimenting with at the moment just for the sake of sharing. The ADXvma is a High , Low , Median all set at 6 on the 1 hour. Midas is set at the daily open of last weeks high. Same goes for the inverse

If anyone has ideas to add , by all means , please share.