Re: Metatrader 5 Versions of indicators.

rabah wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 am Greetings Mladen,

I would like to first thank you for all of the great indicators that you have coded throughout the years. They have truly been a benefit to myself and many other traders. I have been using your Schaff Trend Cycle-Gaussian Filter Velocity indicator with forex trading. As I transition into trading futures on metatrader 5, could you please make a metatrader 5 version of Schaff Trend Cycle-Gaussian Filter Velocity indicator. Many thanks.

Also if any other fellow traders are interested, this indicator is very useful for identifying trends. I use Murrey Math on longer time frames. A challenge with Murrey Math is that although you know price is at a reversal level, it helps to have some kind of way to confirm that the reversal area will hold. For example in the attached chart I have corn futures. At 11/15/17 price was in the reversal zone between MML 2/8th and 1/8th. For corn futures I found the average monthly cycle to be about 28 months. Therefore, the settings that I use for the Schaff Trend Cycle-Gaussian Filter Velocity indicator are:
Timeframe = 1 month
Schaff Period = 0.2 x Gaussian Period = 2.8 = 2 (I chose not to round up)
Gaussian Period = Monthly Cycle Period /2 = 28/2 =14
Gaussian Order= 2
Signal Period =1

Afterward I use the value chart to trade the pullbacks.

thanks in advance

Great stuff, thank you.

Hi Mladen and Mr Tools,

I just got some MT4 indicators converted to MT5. It appears to be working, but it seems to take some time to load to the charts, especially when switching different time frames (esp 5mins / 15mins).

Possible to help to review the code to see if a solution can be found? Thank you very much in advance. Cheers!
These users thanked the author fxroulette for the post:
society

BerkutFX wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 pm Has anyone set up "TMA+CG mladen" (recalculating TMA bands) for mq5?

I don't want the nrp version - I want the original that repaints.
There is no NRP version, the TMA will always repaint what ever version you find.
The creator (Mladen Rakic) has grown grey hairs explaining this to the whole world without much success.
You are welcome here

Ajiboyf wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:24 am
There is no NRP version, the TMA will always repaint what ever version you find.
The creator (Mladen Rakic) has grown grey hairs explaining this to the whole world without much success.
You are welcome here
A little correction as per my little knowing - :)
TMAs i means all TMA indicators (by Mladen,Mrtools) are nrp (not repainting) at all
only centered TMAs are repainting toys - and CG (center of gravity) versions mostly repaints what ever name (for example NRP) they have
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
Ajiboyf
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.