Re: MACD indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 am Not sure but may have fixed it in this version. Since this normalization uses deviation, this version you can choose between standard error type deviation,custom standard deviation - with sample correction or custom standard deviation - without sample correction.
You have fixed it :thumbup: Everything works fine. THX a lot
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
redwed

Hello all, i like to have 3 traditional MACDs in the same subwindows to save space. in order to have the zero lines of each MACD overlapping with each other (as in the screenshot) i have to fix the max and min values of each MACD in the parameters tab of each indicator added to the subwindow . The problem with this when it comes to save it as a template and use it with other pairs is that the specified max and min fixed values will usually be valid only for the pair where i first loaded the 3 MACDs on, and fixed the values for. Other pairs will have different MACD Y-axis value ranges, so the min and max fixed MACD values for the MACD indicators saved in the template will make the MACD values for new pair will be eiher out of scale or invisible because the values wil be too close to zero when compared to max and min values used in the template. I think the solution to this would be to use an indicator where parameters for several MACDs can be configured simultaneously, and where the max and min values would not be fixed but will depend on the max and min values of the MACD configured with higher periods. Is there such indicator? Thank you very much and best regards, Serg
Attachments

sergtradingfx wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:52 am Hello all, i like to have 3 traditional MACDs in the same subwindows to save space. in order to have the zero lines of each MACD overlapping with each other (as in the screenshot) i have to fix the max and min values of each MACD in the parameters tab of each indicator added to the subwindow . The problem with this when it comes to save it as a template and use it with other pairs is that the specified max and min fixed values will usually be valid only for the pair where i first loaded the 3 MACDs on, and fixed the values for. Other pairs will have different MACD Y-axis value ranges, so the min and max fixed MACD values for the MACD indicators saved in the template will make the MACD values for new pair will be eiher out of scale or invisible because the values wil be too close to zero when compared to max and min values used in the template. I think the solution to this would be to use an indicator where parameters for several MACDs can be configured simultaneously, and where the max and min values would not be fixed but will depend on the max and min values of the MACD configured with higher periods. Is there such indicator? Thank you very much and best regards, Serg
There is a macd x2 floating around somewhere it draws 2 macd will see if i can find it and add one more, can't remember what was done about the zero values though.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
sergtradingfx

mrtools wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:58 am

There is a macd x2 floating around somewhere it draws 2 macd will see if i can find it and add one more, can't remember what was done about the zero values though.
Mladen's optimized x2 macd ver - so the code is confirmed reliable - :)
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post (total 3):
sergtradingfx, mitzescu, modanetfx
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Hello MLaden and MrTools!

Please, I would like to ask a question: Would it be possible to modify the MACD indicator so that you see the average term of all the time frames, instead of seeing them separately in different waves? That way we would see the same indicator's wave in all time frames.

How could it be called such an indicator?

Total time frames MACD, or abbreviating TTF MACD.

Is it possible to make a modification like this?

pin12 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:52 am Hello MLaden and MrTools!

Please, I would like to ask a question: Would it be possible to modify the MACD indicator so that you see the average term of all the time frames, instead of seeing them separately in different waves? That way we would see the same indicator's wave in all time frames.

How could it be called such an indicator?

Total time frames MACD, or abbreviating TTF MACD.

Is it possible to make a modification like this?
Those called "composite" ones
and there are already few of MACD around also - thanks to kind coders for their creativity and geniousity,they did before you users think about - :)
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post (total 3):
pin12, Jimmy, redwed
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.