Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

AmirDehghani wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:04 am DEARS ,

AS YOU KNOW ALREADY -probably , ACCORDING TO MOST-SOLD EA'S LIST , "TREND-EA'S" , HAVE NOT BEEN PROFITABLE ONE'S .
IS THIS MEANS , THE END OF "INDICATOR ERA" ?
IT SEEMS GRID , PRICE ACTION , "MACHIN-LEARNIG" PROGRAMS , AND ... STYLES ARE PROFITABLE ONLY .
WHAT'S YOUR IDEA ?
Guys
Please always try to write in classical/usual way
hard to read
no special and or extra importance to such abnormal styles
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Krelian99 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:57 am
Pivot Boss? lol, there are some ridiculous names in trading universe, especially cryptos, but someone who names himself Pivot Boss... is he 16 or what? When someone calls himself Boss a 14 years old guy kicked his ass.

They are stuck to broker zero hour? This is how Pivot Points are defined. Don't care too much about the zero hour. DrSpeed says it's irrelevant.

PS: Pros don't use Pivots, seriously, no Pro. Much to uncertain and no real connection to the market - imaginary S/R - better don't use Pivots. Fibos are imaginary as well, but they are used by some pros - they are a much better choice and also make some sense.
Hi,

Always eager to learn. What indicators have you found helpful and profitable? If this discussion is not appropriate in this thread, we can move it some place else.

As for pivots, the best I could find is attached. It posts only one type of pivots at a time (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc).

Cheers!

AmirDehghani wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:04 am DEARS ,

AS YOU KNOW ALREADY -probably , ACCORDING TO MOST-SOLD EA'S LIST , "TREND-EA'S" , HAVE NOT BEEN PROFITABLE ONE'S .
IS THIS MEANS , THE END OF "INDICATOR ERA" ?
IT SEEMS GRID , PRICE ACTION , "MACHIN-LEARNIG" PROGRAMS , AND ... STYLES ARE PROFITABLE ONLY .
WHAT'S YOUR IDEA ?
Wouldn't you say there's less or no difference between 'Machine learning' and an Indicator? Note this is a broad topic and might fall outside the scope of the forum - I just thought I should mention this as there's something to think about here.
These users thanked the author appsoluxions for the post:
moey_dw

IdeaRe: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

appsoluxions wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Wouldn't you say there's less or no difference between 'Machine learning' and an Indicator? Note this is a broad topic and might fall outside the scope of the forum - I just thought I should mention this as there's something to think about here.
In fact "MACHIN-LEARNIG" PROGRAMS you referring to can simply be referred to as a 'SMART' Indicators :)
These users thanked the author appsoluxions for the post:
AmirDehghani

mntiwana wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:39 am Dearest mrtools
Can you please manage time some upgrading this funny toy "EMAVFS channel"
regarding some 9 methods and latest prices,i means the blue/deep pink lines only (band) - not the center line gold line
all i want experiment to smooth it,may be some smoothing factor too,it clearly form up/down trend when either color line riding on price line
this is the one that indicator,capable working with both mt4/mt5 terminal equally simply by changing extension
regards
Hi Mntiwana,

Do you perhaps have the mq4 file for EMAVFS channel. I would like to make changes to it, like adding another small channel around the yellow MA. I think that would help detecting when EMAVFS bands cross within these new channels for ranging markets, and again cross outside the new channels for breakouts. It just the idea that I want to experiment - if you don't mind sharing the code. I am making a request taking into the considerations the rules of the forum, so I will understand if the code cannot be shared.

Thank you.

mrtools wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:50 am Would need the source code.
appsoluxions wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:15 am

Hi Mntiwana,
Do you perhaps have the mq4 file for EMAVFS channel.
Thank you.
Here is the mq5 ! open file:
edited ................................................. mod

Mntiwanas posted txt-file is not a translation of my posted pdf. It's only:
Exponential moving average with variable smoothing factor
A channel with a non-smooth and stationary approximation error, in which the exponential moving average with a variable smoothing factor is used as the center line.

This indicator is compiled not only as an MQL5 indicator, but also as a MQL4 indicator, for which you should change the extension of the indicator code to mq4, place the code in <terminal_data_folder_MetaTrader4> \ MQL4 \ Indicators and compile it with the appropriate code editor.

appsoluxions wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:15 am

Hi Mntiwana,

Do you perhaps have the mq4 file for EMAVFS channel. I would like to make changes to it, like adding another small channel around the yellow MA. I think that would help detecting when EMAVFS bands cross within these new channels for ranging markets, and again cross outside the new channels for breakouts. It just the idea that I want to experiment - if you don't mind sharing the code. I am making a request taking into the considerations the rules of the forum, so I will understand if the code cannot be shared.

Thank you.
Here it is
users can use it with mt5 too,as it is simply by changing extension from mt4 to mt5

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

friend4you wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:57 am

Here is the mq5 ! open file:
edited ................................................. mod

Mntiwanas posted txt-file is not a translation of my posted pdf. It's only:
Exponential moving average with variable smoothing factor
A channel with a non-smooth and stationary approximation error, in which the exponential moving average with a variable smoothing factor is used as the center line.

This indicator is compiled not only as an MQL5 indicator, but also as a MQL4 indicator, for which you should change the extension of the indicator code to mq4, place the code in <terminal_data_folder_MetaTrader4> \ MQL4 \ Indicators and compile it with the appropriate code editor.
Posting outer link/s are against the forum rules
please be care about