New Notifications & Emails linking to old posts.

All the emails and notifications on site I have been receiving recently say they are new, but when opened am directed to a post way back.
I have double checked all my settings & everything seems good to me.
Is there a problem, if not how can I stop this from happening?
For instance (Refer Pic) I have received emails & notifications directing me to this same post maybe 4 to 5 times now.
Attachments

Re: New Notifications & Emails linking to old posts.

Woodyz wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:32 pm All the emails and notifications on site I have been receiving recently say they are new, but when opened am directed to a post way back.
I have double checked all my settings & everything seems good to me.
Is there a problem, if not how can I stop this from happening?
For instance (Refer Pic) I have received emails & notifications directing me to this same post maybe 4 to 5 times now.
Hi Woodyz, sorry about the notifications. We're currently doing upgrades and fixes on the site which includes enabling and disabling certain features. When the features (like notifications) are tweaked with, it'll cause a notification to come up for older posts, like explained here Old notifications problem.

Sorry again for the annoyance!
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, Woodyz, sylvester21
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

problem seems to have been fixed ! very nice !
thanks coders
Jeff

edit : but I got this error message after posting (I posted 2 times and had this error message each time)

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
Jimmy

Woodyz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:35 pm I just opened up an email and the link directed me to an old post,,,,,,,,So the problem still exists
We're working on it guys the entire site is still being upgraded, patched and tweaked as we speak.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
Woodyz, ionone, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

InfoSite update status

Woodyz wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:58 am Hi Jimmy
Can you give us an update as to where we are at with this issue...perhaps an ETA, as this issue has become VERY annoying with every email link & every Notifications link redirecting but probably far more annoying for you.
Site status update!

Hey bro, thanks for putting up with the issues. The new backend has been finished and will be migrated this Friday 31st during our off-peak time.

Forex-station will be down for an hour or two (site will not appear at all) but once it's back it'll be updated, look a bit better and load even faster without these niggly issues.

After the site is online we'll still need to tweak a few things and wait for your feedback on any annoyances or issues (hopefully there's none)!

If you're into site building, the reason why the notifications are playing up is because we had to downgrade to Php 7.1 to fix our Apache issue which was causing the whole site to "hang" most likely due to the millions of notifications in queue which was caused by an outdated forum version and some naughty bots.

Are you able to clear the notifications? Or do they keep on coming back?
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 4):
nathanvbasko, Woodyz, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy