Metatrader 4 Build 1090 issue(s) ...

Since it is repeating itself over and over, here is a description and a "fix" for one of the nasty bugs of build 1090 of mt4

From time to time you will have a case that you attach an indicator to a chart and nothing is display. If you open the data window, you shall see that the data is at correct places, but nothing is displayed on the chart

To fix : edit the code - change anything (random change will do) - compile the code - undo the change you did (reverting to the original code) - compile again. It will display
These users thanked the author mladen for the post:
navid110

Re: Metatrader 4 Build 1090 issue(s) ...

mladen wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 5:52 pm Since it is repeating itself over and over, here is a description and a "fix" for one of the nasty bugs of build 1090 of mt4

From time to time you will have a case that you attach an indicator to a chart and nothing is display. If you open the data window, you shall see that the data is at correct places, but nothing is displayed on the chart

To fix : edit the code - change anything (random change will do) - compile the code - undo the change you did (reverting to the original code) - compile again. It will display
I'm sorry but I do not understand what to do !

gtudor wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:06 pm I succeeded .
Thank you !
Well done gtudor...
I have changed the code from 32 to 34, then reversed it back to 32, but it failed.
Then I changed the sma to smma, reopened the platform, and it failed.
Changed 7 different parts of the code and failed every time and still does not load .
Changed the name of the indi but still did not work.
Could you tell me which bit you changed please?
Many thanks
TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 pm Well done gtudor...
I have changed the code from 32 to 34, then reversed it back to 32, but it failed.
Then I changed the sma to smma, reopened the platform, and it failed.
Changed 7 different parts of the code and failed every time and still does not load .
Changed the name of the indi but still did not work.
Could you tell me which bit you changed please?
Many thanks
TEAMTRADER
I opened the file with "Modified"
I wrote on the last empty line 1234
We compiled
Open again with << modified >>
I deleted 1234
We compiled
And it was ok!

TEAMTRADER wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:39 pm By 'complied' I assume it means saving the amended indicator and closing the platform
If this assumption is correct, I did exactly as you said but there is obviously something wrong with my platform so I have to concede defeat with this indicator.
Thank you again for taking the time - appreciated.
TEAMTRADER
No
Compiling means opening an editor and pressing the compile button or choosing file->compile or simply pressing F7 while in editor. If you do as described, it works