Re: Metatrader 4 Build 1090 issue(s) ...

Whoever has the "disappearing problem" that mt4 build 1090 is doing to users can do a quick and easy "fix" of any indicator
Add this line of code

Code: Select all

for (int i=0; i<indicator_buffers; i++) SetIndexStyle(i,DRAW_LINE);
to the very beginning of init() or OnInit() function (make sure that it is the first line of those functions, regardless of the fact that the buffers were not declared yet), and they will reappear. You can still try re-compiling, but unfortunate that will work sometimes and sometimes it will not and then you shall have to do it again. The bug of build 1090 still remains (and it seems that it is to stay) but this corrects what the compiler "forgets" to do (and was doing it for years and years before this "crucial" build 1090)
PS: the issue with build 1090 is not only with the missing display. Classes are working in a disastrous way sometimes - and, oh wonder, when re-compiled, they start to work again. Garbage collector in mt4 is ... exactly what its name tells, and there are more and more bugs in build 1090 that are resurfacing as we go further on the rod. Good luck guys. Sometimes you are really going to need it to find out what is wrong

PPS: the upper "fix" will not help you with the disappearing levels from the indicator - for that you still have to do the compile, re-compile, re-compile game until they "decide to come back" :)
These users thanked the author mladen for the post:
mtp

gtudor wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm Someone can help me ?
I do not see the indicators on the chart , and I do not know what to do .

Thank you
The question is not related to this thread,better to post your queries within related threads for to keep forum organized,thanks :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

I have a test indicator which is working perfectly on some time frames (1M, 5M, 15M, 1H, 4H, weekly, monthly), but on the 15M and daily charts it loads nothing at all, not even anything on the data window when pointing mouse in the proper bar spots.

I wonder if that is also a MT4 bug similar to the one described here? Really weird that it works perfectly on most timeframes but totally blank with no buffer data on others. Sometimes the indy will not work on 1M frames or 5M either. Depends on the mood? *kidding*

What's up with that? Any ideas? Thanks for any reply.

soulscroll wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:40 pm I have a test indicator which is working perfectly on some time frames (1M, 5M, 15M, 1H, 4H, weekly, monthly), but on the 15M and daily charts it loads nothing at all, not even anything on the data window when pointing mouse in the proper bar spots.

I wonder if that is also a MT4 bug similar to the one described here? Really weird that it works perfectly on most timeframes but totally blank with no buffer data on others. Sometimes the indy will not work on 1M frames or 5M either. Depends on the mood? *kidding*

What's up with that? Any ideas? Thanks for any reply.
Welcome to the site! Post up the indicator for us to test :thumbup:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

soulscroll wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:17 pm Jimmy, thanks for the welcome. I am reluctant to post the exact code publicly, I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced any blank data window problems & blank indicator window on some time frames while other time frames run perfectly. Seemed like a MT4 bug given what this thread is discussing, but only a partial failure.
never had this issue before.............sounds like bad code
if u can post it or pm it to one of the staff they can confirm what is going on but if u don't want to, no one can help u :roll:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈