Worse than mt4
Total votes: 19 (63%)
Same as mt4
Total votes: 5 (17%)
Total votes: 30

Re: Your opinion about MT5

moey_dw wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:43 pm
yikes............... your post caught my eye & make me worry about mt5
im so happy with mt4 as it is & dont wanna have to change to mt5...................... may i know does mt5 allow hedge? i hear some talk that u cannot hedge on mt5 wtf :wtf:
Some years ago it was impossible to hedge but now its not a problem anymore . but data consumption is a critical one for you can not install metatrader on other drives but drive C

navid110 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:31 am

Some years ago it was impossible to hedge but now its not a problem anymore . but data consumption is a critical one for you can not install metatrader on other drives but drive C
That is not true

1. You can install MT5 wherever you want, there is no restriction at all
2. I have no issue whatsoever with MT5 data consumption - and I am working each and every day in MT5. The data they are keeping is tick data (that why why the difference) and I doubt that tick data can occupy less space. With a 1T flash that can be bought for a couple of $ these days - in a need, that can be a solution too

mladen wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:13 am

That is not true

1. You can install MT5 wherever you want, there is no restriction at all
2. I have no issue whatsoever with MT5 data consumption - and I am working each and every day in MT5. The data they are keeping is tick data (that why why the difference) and I doubt that tick data can occupy less space. With a 1T flash that can be bought for a couple of $ these days - in a need, that can be a solution too
Why aren't you so active here any more, mladen. Aren't you one of the chefs and founders of forex-station?

Last mt4 version 1090 was published 2 years ago and all bug reports after that were ignored. Now no new mt4 servers can be bought by the brokers any more.

Does anybody know more, if metaquotes really stops traders to use their flagship mt4 in near future? Most systems still rely on mt4, why not on mt5?

friend4you wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:29 pm Why aren't you so active here any more, mladen. Aren't you one of the chefs and founders of forex-station?

Last mt4 version 1090 was published 2 years ago and all bug reports after that were ignored. Now no new mt4 servers can be bought by the brokers any more.

Does anybody know more, if metaquotes really stops traders to use their flagship mt4 in near future? Most systems still rely on mt4, why not on mt5?
No, they don't stop MT4 in near future. Brokers bought a license for using MT4, not MT4. There are no new licenses available, so new small brokers share the license with another broker. There will be no update, except you see MT5 as MT4.1 and rewrite or let rewrite your mq4-files if you use some.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
Jimmy

friend4you wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:29 pm

Why aren't you so active here any more, mladen. Aren't you one of the chefs and founders of forex-station?

Last build of mt4 is 1147 (see the date of it) Hence I do not see any issue per moment (neither with MT4 nor with MT5)

questions to one of the former fs-chiefs

mladen wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:30 am

Last build of mt4 is 1147 (see the date of it)
example.png
Hence I do not see any issue per moment (neither with MT4 nor with MT5)
Thanks, I use the Windows like Linux Manjaro over one year. Our user Xard told us that it is better and I totally agree and never regret leaving windows 10, which prefers to become more and more slower and data-collecting, so that we buy a new pc soon.
But on fast systems like Linux and Mac Windows programs work on Wine (scripts that pretend to be Windows without speed reduction as Windows simulators) and we never get mt4 or mt5 updates automatically. How does metaquotes react on such problems? Do you work for them now?

Why aren't you so active here any more since months, mladen? Aren't you one of the chefs and founders of forex-station?
Please: these are just questions of one of the first users that joint and posted mainly on forex-station.
See also the questions on your creation here:
viewtopic.php?p=1295383453#p1295383453

Re: questions to one of the former fs-chiefs

friend4you wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:53 pm

Thanks, I use the Windows like Linux Manjaro over one year. Our user Xard told us that it is better and I totally agree and never regret leaving windows 10, which prefers to become more and more slower and data-collecting, so that we buy a new pc soon.
But on fast systems like Linux and Mac Windows programs work on Wine (scripts that pretend to be Windows without speed reduction as Windows simulators) and we never get mt4 or mt5 updates automatically. How does metaquotes react on such problems? Do you work for them now?

Why aren't you so active here any more since months, mladen? Aren't you one of the chefs and founders of forex-station?
Please: these are just questions of one of the first users that joint and posted mainly on forex-station.
See also the questions on your creation here:
viewtopic.php?p=1295383453#p1295383453
I ever had a dual-boot for Linux Mint 8 Helena and Win7. I fell instantly in love with Helena. Good looking, smart and funny (older Helena users still know the deer in the terminal - something like Clippy/Karl Klammer, but in cool). A virtual machine? I ran one in Win7 for Helena :D I would appreciate MT4/5 or cTrader in Linux, but there is no hope. Yes, you could emulate it with Wine or whatever, but I never made the step. A remote-PC do it as well.

Every 2-3 years you should reinstall your windows. Then it is "fast and clean" again, waht Windows users understand under "fast and clean".

Re: questions to one of the former fs-chiefs

Krelian99 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:28 pm

I ever had a dual-boot for Linux Mint 8 Helena and Win7. I fell instantly in love with Helena. Good looking, smart and funny (older Helena users still know the deer in the terminal - something like Clippy/Karl Klammer, but in cool). A virtual machine? I ran one in Win7 for Helena :D I would appreciate MT4/5 or cTrader in Linux, but there is no hope. Yes, you could emulate it with Wine or whatever, but I never made the step. A remote-PC do it as well.

Every 2-3 years you should reinstall your windows. Then it is "fast and clean" again, waht Windows users understand under "fast and clean".
wine or halena , you should not mix them up together, rather it is better to go with mt5 faster and smoother.