Total votes: 6 (20%)
Worse than mt4
Total votes: 19 (63%)
Same as mt4
Total votes: 5 (17%)
Total votes: 30

CodeRe: Your opinion about MT5

My comment Worse Performance...

This Platforms take a Lots of Resources. Both Grade Level and Memory of Computer to get Perfect Smoothness.
And more designed for Brokers Interests !

If MetaQuetes Corp. forces removing MT4 by substituting MT5 (without Changing the Weaknesses) then I make sure to move the Alternative Platforms like cTrader (or ProTrader)

And the other reasons is MT4 indicators (including the Old ones) are can Running Smoothly on thats Platforms without Problems.

Just waiting for the MT4 Platform End Story ♡
Always looking the GREAT, never left GOOD Point...

Re: Your opinion about MT5

I am 100% agree with Tsar comments,more genuine observation,simply one addition - including the technical fitness of mt4 - the massive amount of mt4 indicators and uncountable sorts of mt4 indicators - mt5 still do not have even 5% of that ,needs years to match - if some forceful action taken by metaquote regarding replacing with without some reasonable perfection,of course metaquote will loose its popularity among traders
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

My broker raised their already salty commissions to 2.5 pips/position lately, so scalping is a bit harder - more annoying than cumbersome. I guess the new extra fee for the use of MT4 is to blame for that. The commissions for MT5 remained the same, so you as user will be forced to change one day when you can and your broker provide MT5 - what is still difficult since most brokers haven't MT5. The whole story for me ends that I shift away from MT4/5. Ok, both are free on the first view and it has by far the biggest community and amount of indis of all trading platforms but if you try out other platforms with independent or dependent data feed you pay nearly or actually the same spread and much less commission than for MT4/5. And very important, you will notice that these platforms are made for the customer, not for the broker. Transparent and independent on the servers of your broker. I now run cTrader for the trades and parallel MT4 for the "signals". Sure, one day NT8 will be an option, but for now I'm happy.

MT5 was the first platform I used. Downgrading to MT4 was a bit surprising. It was as you step fully on the brakes. MT5 is multicore-able, MT4 not. But is MT5 better than MT4? Not really. The whole policy didn't changed, it's still a platform for brokers and not for traders.

MT5 loos polished version of MT4 :)
So far, MT4 will be preferred for me personally.
On another note, MT5 will have better performance and execution then MT4 when it comes to exchange connectivity. I believe is just a matter of time when CFDs on equites trading offered by most of the brokers now, will step back opening room for DMA equities trading. The last will give chance to trade directly on the exchange (ex. NYSE, Nasdaq, Xetra etc. if the broker create right routing infrastructure) with much tighter market spreads and commission compared with MM brokers now with feed received from either by e-Signal or Nasdaq Basic or Shi-X and etc.

chirvasamar wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:18 am Hi, everybody!
I might look ancient like a medieval peasant facing a laptop, but could someone tell me whether Metaquotes is preparing/going to disable MT4 at a certain moment?
They (Metaquotes) simply cannot disable/stop MT4 Terminal in the near future purely due to business reasons. The MT4 environment is used from so many brokers in all over the world (by the way, now would be weird if a given broker does not offer MT4), that if they disable it, this would means MQ to shot themselves in the legs and to shut down their activity.

FrancoisT wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:31 pm They (Metaquotes) simply cannot disable/stop MT4 Terminal in the near future purely due to business reasons. The MT4 environment is used from so many brokers in all over the world (by the way, now would be weird if a given broker does not offer MT4), that if they disable it, this would means MQ to shot themselves in the legs and to shut down their activity.
They can (disable it) and they have done similar things in the past
The real question is actually what are their plans - and that is not clear at all now, since they are shifting into ads too now. Time will show exactly

mladen wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:17 am Since it seems that MT5 is slowly taking over, might be interesting to see some things
Hi Mladen,
If I am understanding this correct, are you saying that MT4 in future will be stopped and everyone will be forced to move to MT5 ?

If above is the case then, will we be able to use MT4 indicators in MT5? what options we have to use them in MT5

Thanks
SKC

skc321 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:27 pm Hi Mladen,
If I am understanding this correct, are you saying that MT4 in future will be stopped and everyone will be forced to move to MT5 ?

If above is the case then, will we be able to use MT4 indicators in MT5? what options we have to use them in MT5

Thanks
SKC
SKC

MT4 code can not be used in M5 without additional work. If that happens (discontinuing the MT4), since downward compatibility of MT5 to MT4 to practically none, the usual chaos will happen :)