Total votes: 6 (20%)
Worse than mt4
Total votes: 19 (63%)
Same as mt4
Total votes: 5 (17%)
Total votes: 30

Re: Your opinion about MT5

mladen wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:41 pm SKC

MT4 code can not be used in M5 without additional work. If that happens (discontinuing the MT4), since downward compatibility of MT5 to MT4 to practically none, the usual chaos will happen :)
Hey Mladen,
Thanks for the response,

hope to see both MT4 and MT5 run parallel. But is there any news or update that MT4 is scheduled to be discontinued

skc321 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:11 pm Hey Mladen,
Thanks for the response,

hope to see both MT4 and MT5 run parallel. But is there any news or update that MT4 is scheduled to be discontinued
The topic is in news since year and half but no dead line till now but i think if there announced some dead line it will be extended (if wisely decided) as situation and environment is not suitable for such self killing decisions but any thing can be happens as SUICIDE attackers intentionally doing every day (kill themselves including others)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

skc321 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:11 pm Hey Mladen,
Thanks for the response,

There is no news (unless you take the latest problems with the "last" mt4 upgrade (build 1090) as a news
I can only guess, and the past has showed me that when it comes to mt guessing is not what one can do

Still I'm NOT familiar with MT5. Simply don't like it. I understand some good feathers might have introduced but I use it simply for charting as a retail trader point of view. I understand Biggies may not use MT4 ...for simplicity of trading, price action, indicators , MT4 is best platform to trade with.

mntiwana wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:27 pm The topic is in news since year and half but no dead line till now but i think if there announced some dead line it will be extended (if wisely decided) as situation and environment is not suitable for such self killing decisions but any thing can be happens as SUICIDE attackers intentionally doing every day (kill themselves including others)
Thanks Mntiwana,

You are correct this topic is in news for more that a year now, lets cross our finger

They did some strange stuff before, but I believe they are assuming this massive impact over them and what is also more important they will loose brokers confidence.
But even just from business case reasons, this is solid money inflow on a monthly base and I believe they would rather trying to keep at least or increase, but not to loose them. This is just my thoughts, but I am also agree with you - the time will show.

I also don’t believe that MetaQuotes will discontinue MT4. How is listed above in the comments there are some serious money invested in that and therefore contracts with many brokers around the Globe. As far MT5 my Broker didn’t released it yet, so I’m not familiar but instead they offer variety of platform to choose from.

Whatever it is Metaquotes seems to push MT5 more harder even many traders/programmers doesn't like it. Lately i've receiving news from some brokers informing about MT5 offering, it just like business must carry on with MT5 for them but time will tell if the transition from MT4 to MT5 will be a successful or else.
Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.