Better than mt4
Total votes: 6 (20%)
Worse than mt4
Total votes: 19 (63%)
Same as mt4
Total votes: 5 (17%)
Total votes: 30

Re: Your opinion about MT5

My Broker also started offering MT5 recently, so I’ve been thinking about supporting it. I think that MT 5 was created to bring more benefits for traders , for technical and developer aspects as well.Obviously there are many advantages in MT5 ,The interfaces are quite similar and MT5 has many more interesting features that help in trading, however there is a limitation which I don't like and this is the lack of possibility to import your own historical data while this is possible with MT4.

Releasedates:
MT4 : 1. July 2005
MT5: 1. June 2010

Couldn't find anything about MT3. Where is MT6?

It should be possible to trade Futures and multicore-support is enabled in MT5. Why these features weren't already in MT4? Futures are interesting, but only with independent data-feed. When the data-feed is sent to your broker first and 'adjusted', then it's also no real-time anymore, so a DOM will be still useless. I'm not very impressed and see MT5 as a fail. Ok, this happens, checked and forgotten, but not with MetaQuotes. Why no window dressing before they release MT6 in maybe 2 or 3 years?

Not every one broker is "adjusting" or "manipulate" the pricing :).
The platform does not matter too much, but the most important factor is the broker's model and how the broker is acting (agency - pure intermediary or market maker, or combination).
The first model just receives pricing from exchange or exchanges via technology bridge / bridges and the data is in real time :).
MT5 is a "facelift" version of MT4 and is better perfuming for the real stock.
About MT6 I believe is too early, because Metaquotes is pushing now brokers to move on MT5, and perhaps another 5 or 6 years will pass until MT6 to came out on the market.

FrancoisT wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:55 am Not every one broker is "adjusting" or "manipulate" the pricing :).
The platform does not matter too much, but the most important factor is the broker's model and how the broker is acting (agency - pure intermediary or market maker, or combination).
The first model just receives pricing from exchange or exchanges via technology bridge / bridges and the data is in real time :).
About MT6 I believe is too early, because Metaquotes is pushing now brokers to move on MT5, and perhaps another 5 or 6 years will pass until MT6 to came out on the market.
What other platforms have you try out?

FrancoisT wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:55 am Not every one broker is "adjusting" or "manipulate" the pricing :).
FX or CFD data is neither real time nor is it the real price. Futures prices are the real prices and the FX-prices you receive from your network just oscillates around those real prices. Why not realtime? FX and CFD isn't centralized, so the stream of data runs from bank server to bank server, is sychronized, then to your broker server and then to you. The Future prices are synchronized at the exchange and then all get the prices, noone is preferred. The distance is quite big, how you could imagine. I mean, in your PC it is even crucial to use short cables because the longer the cables, the more time it needs. When the data run from London to NY and back to your broker in Europe and then to you... or to your broker in Australia and then to you in Europe... - real time? No. Partly, the data feed was that slow of some brokers that there was a kind of trading some years ago, the arbitrage trading between Pepperstone (the slowest broker) and a very fast broker. I don't know whether it is still existing but I hope you understand that even the fastest FX-broker has no real time, and it is not the fault of your broker but the system itself. On the other hand, having a slow platform as MT4, you can do what you want, you'll never come into the region of real-time.

I agree with above, just to add something :)
The banks traded not only FX futures, but they have also traded on spot market, cash market, loan cash market (not under leverage at all) and this is also affecting the FX pricing. This is also real time FX price and the fastest available connectivity to use real FX pricing could be achieved via FIX-API with the liquidity aggregator in the hub. Years ago, I had to help taking some measures to analyze and to cut such connectivity's .... due to request of the banks - the real banks that they were not be able to protect themselves from post news traders. On later stage, a "last look" has been applied - but still this appears to be a market price.
CFDs pricing - this is discussion that requires another beer :)
Some brokers (I will not quote them now) receives pricing from Shi-X, Nasdaq Basic and other free exchanges delivering the data with slight delay - but still fast enough offering DMA on CFDs on equities (not talking for indices) :)

Its gone be for a while testing MT5. for advantages the better execution rate could be mentioned. also more diversified time frames makes it more convenient.

but for the disadvantages : the data consumption of MT5 is really huge. as you check the data folder you'll find that it easily reaches to Gigs. it make the performance of system to be on a hard situation for not enough room remain on drive "C". by comparing the data consumption MT5 data folder reaches Gigs while on a same condition MT4 data folder reachs to 50 to 100 Meg.
These users thanked the author navid110 for the post:
moey_dw

navid110 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:53 pm it make the performance of system to be on a hard situation for not enough room remain on drive "C".
yikes............... your post caught my eye & make me worry about mt5
im so happy with mt4 as it is & dont wanna have to change to mt5...................... may i know does mt5 allow hedge? i hear some talk that u cannot hedge on mt5 wtf :wtf:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈