Unrealistic FTMO evaluation requirements ?

I was looking a FTMO requirements and you need to make a t least 10% a month in the evaluation period ?
when you know that the best hedge fund in the world (Renaissance Technologies) makes around 80% a year (6.6% a month) how are we supposed to make 10% a month ?? this is totally unrealistic.
If I find a trader that makes 10% a month i'll give him my money as well lol
Jeff

DownloadRe: Unrealistic FTMO evaluation requirements ?

ionone wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:10 pm I was looking a FTMO requirements and you need to make a t least 10% a month in the evaluation period ?
when you know that the best hedge fund in the world (Renaissance Technologies) makes around 80% a year (6.6% a month) how are we supposed to make 10% a month ?? this is totally unrealistic.
If I find a trader that makes 10% a month i'll give him my money as well lol
Jeff
FTMO's business model is that it makes money from failed challenges. And even when you pass, you are still trading on a demo account.

That's not a bad thing. It's just different from a traditional prop firm where traders are funded with real money and paid with profits from the markets.

It's very difficult but still possible to pass the evaluation by taking A+ trades only and having solid risk management. There is an element of luck involved, but it ultimately comes down to skill and approach.
ionone wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:10 pm when you know that the best hedge fund in the world (Renaissance Technologies) makes around 80% a year (6.6% a month) how are we supposed to make 10% a month ?? this is totally unrealistic.
Independent day traders should block out all the noise about hedge funds, mathematicians said this, economists said that, etc. And just focus on how you are going to achieve this.

Here's some interesting data from MFF:
These users thanked the author TraderX for the post (total 2):
Knight, DaffyTaffy

Re: Unrealistic FTMO evaluation requirements ?

ppinto wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:09 am Hi guys,
Is there any difference between the FTMO challenge and the trial (demo) challenge?, because I was practicing my strategy in their demo with good results, but now in the challenge following my rules i am failing. So my guess is if there is any difference between the FTMO´s demo and the challenge?

All the best
It's the same price feed.
These users thanked the author TraderX for the post:
ppinto