Re: Crypto Brokers that use mt4 or mt5

mlawson71 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:42 am A license from a reputable regulator provides many things - compensation schemes, position reporting, capital requirements for the broker in question, proof that the broker actually exists and has a physical address, to name a few off the top of my head. I'd rather use a broker that has all of those.
I understand why people feel that their funds are safer with regulated brokers, but we probably all saw what happened with Veracity markets. Regulators didn't seem to care about all the people that had their funds stuck there, despite it being regulated. I would never trade with money I couldn't afford to lose, but I'm sure there were people that got rent money and money they really needed tied up in that whole mess. Not saying regulation is bad, that's up to people, just don't expect to avid these problems *just* because a broker is regulated.

HeavLeighGill wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:20 am I understand why people feel that their funds are safer with regulated brokers, but we probably all saw what happened with Veracity markets. Regulators didn't seem to care about all the people that had their funds stuck there, despite it being regulated. I would never trade with money I couldn't afford to lose, but I'm sure there were people that got rent money and money they really needed tied up in that whole mess. Not saying regulation is bad, that's up to people, just don't expect to avid these problems *just* because a broker is regulated.
The Veracity farce was terrible for those involved. Just like JP Markets all over again. Think there will be more to follow in SA as well to be honest.
These users thanked the author sebking1986 for the post:
Chickenspicy

sebking1986 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:58 pm The Veracity farce was terrible for those involved. Just like JP Markets all over again. Think there will be more to follow in SA as well to be honest.
FXCM had issues as well. The bottom line is, constantly withdraw your earnings. Only keep the funds you really need. My funds have been "paid" by my earnings over and over again. Thus, in case something goes bad....Well, c'est la vie, I'm not going to kill myself. Don't ever think to trust any business, bank, broker and........you name it.