Re: Crypto Brokers that use mt4 or mt5

mlawson71 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:19 am I haven't heard about them. What is their regulation?
Not sure many are that have been mentioned but that's why it's important to build up a good thread of the ones that are doing the job well and weeding out the bad ones. Not all are bad and so a comprehensive list for new traders considering offshore brokers is probably a good idea since they aren't going anywhere and people will always consider them.

mlawson71 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:06 am So I checked their regulation, and I am not particularly impressed, to be honest - they are registered in the St. Vincent and the Grenadines offshore zone, which basically means they have no regulation. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a scammer, but I, personally, only feel comfortable with brokers with a reliable license. To each their own though.
And what this reliable license gives you?

A license from a reputable regulator provides many things - compensation schemes, position reporting, capital requirements for the broker in question, proof that the broker actually exists and has a physical address, to name a few off the top of my head. I'd rather use a broker that has all of those.

mlawson71 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:06 am So I checked their regulation, and I am not particularly impressed, to be honest - they are registered in the St. Vincent and the Grenadines offshore zone, which basically means they have no regulation. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a scammer, but I, personally, only feel comfortable with brokers with a reliable license. To each their own though.
No and there are quite a few offshore brokers that don't but as you say that doesn't automatically mean they are scammers but some clearly will be. As I say why I think it is important to be constructive when bringing together experiences of brokers that offer good conditions onshore and offshore so people looking have a good idea of what is available and can avoid bucket shops.