Re: Do Forex brokers really trade against you/cheat on their clients?

Jimmy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 pm Here is a question that has come through our inbox a few times so I'll respond to it here. I also answered this on Quora back in 2018 as well.

Do Forex brokers really trade against you/cheat on their clients?

Yes they do. But I wouldn’t use the term “Cheat” as you aren’t losing anything and still have the opportunity to profit.
Hello Mr. Jimmy
I read your thread its good for traders to be wary.

You can create a thread or add to this thread about :
Discuss in detail whether brokers can know and can interfere with/to the Indicators and/or EAs that we use.
because some indicators can allow dll import

some safe ways may be proposed from the experience of fellow traders.

My thoughts are based on the topic of this thread about brokers and very many brokerage companies.
As we know the brokers names info on the thread by @ChuChu Rocket.

Thank You :thumbup:

Jimmy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 pm Here is a question that has come through our inbox a few times so I'll respond to it here. I also answered this on Quora back in 2018 as well.

Do Forex brokers really trade against you/cheat on their clients?

Yes they do. But I wouldn’t use the term “Cheat” as you aren’t losing anything and still have the opportunity to profit.

Brokers will categorize you depending on your winning, losing and profitability.

They’ll place you in what’s called “A” and “B” books.

As a new broker client, Forex brokers will keep your trades “in house”. Basically your trades aren’t sent to the real market. The broker will execute your trades and bet against you, taking the other side of your trade.

Why do Forex brokers put you in the “B” book?

Firstly, because the “B” book is a profitable business model. Statistics prove that 90% of traders lose all of their deposits within 6 months. So the stats favor the broker.

IG Markets holds the biggest “B” Book in the world.

Why do Forex brokers put you in the “A” book?

Brokers will put you into the “A” book if you’re profitable. Brokers send profitable traders out to their liquidity providers because no one wants to bet against profitable traders.

Interesting to kno

soussay wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:37 pm I have always wondered how it is when you are using a profitable EA and change to a live account it doesn't work the same anymore?
Is there some manipulation possible?
it is my opinion that this is all in your mind.. you are imagining this.. if your trading bot is based upon moving averages and the basic indicators or fib numbers, you will lose.

but that is what the majority of the players are doing, lol..

This is interesting as I've always wondered this. I actually saw a post where it was clear that one broker (Pepperstone) was manipulating prices, so I have to believe that some brokers do trade against you. The issue is knowing which are legitimate I'd think, as they seem to be a pretty popular one but you'd expect to see something like this from a broker that was opened overnight instead.