OANDA bought out by CVC Capital Partners

The forex broker OANDA will come under new ownership as shareholders accepted an offer for from a wholly-owned subsidiary of CVC Capital Partners (CVC) Asia Fund IV to acquire all of the outstanding equity. The deal is pending regulatory approval.

CVC Capital Partners is a globally oriented private equity and investment advisory firm, founded in 1981. In total, CVC currently manages c.$70 billion of assets.

The process of buying out companies like OANDA often takes years and for the moment there is no indication what will happen with the broker under the new ownership.

Re: OANDA bought out by CVC Capital Partners

Very interesting news. If I can recall correctly, up until recently CVC was holding the commercial rights of Formula 1 for over a decade and had very controversial reputation among sport’s fans, as a company only interested in its financial gains and not Formula 1 well being. Also sport’s viewership plummeted drastically during their reign. So, let’s see what CVC is cooking for OANDA in the near and not so near future.

Re: OANDA bought out by CVC Capital Partners

LazarR wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:17 pm Very interesting news. If I can recall correctly, up until recently CVC was holding the commercial rights of Formula 1 for over a decade and had very controversial reputation among sport’s fans, as a company only interested in its financial gains and not Formula 1 well being. Also sport’s viewership plummeted drastically during their reign. So, let’s see what CVC is cooking for OANDA in the near and not so near future.
I had no idea about that. That does not bode well for OANDA's clients, to be honest.