Re: ESMA bans binary options, sets restrictions on CFDs for retail clients

Krelian99 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:19 pm
FrancoisT wrote: Yea, I think this totally will be the end of the crypto-trading :) Do you trade crypto Mlawson ?
You mean Crypto-CFDs. Yeah, but who traded it? They all waited for the BTC Futures. You will be able to trade Cryptos as now. The blockchain is a technology that is too interesting for all.
Crypto is more of a scam than an Crypto-CFDs :) I treat it like Binary options or HYIPs.

I don't think we will see such a massive change on a global scale in the next 10 - 15 years.
That said, Japan is doing its best to introduce cryptocurrencies in the mainstream. After the first bank-backed cryptocurrency exchange opened doors over there, their regulator decided to tighten regulations (there are no bans) though about which exchanges can be officially licensed.

I think that can only be a good thing, in my opinion. They will remove any scammers and bucketshops and the truly legitimate exchanges will continue servicing people.

The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has agreed to renew the restriction on the marketing, distribution or sale of contracts for differences (CFDs) to retail clients, in effect since 1 August, from 1 November 2018 for a further three-month period.
https://www.esma.europa.eu/press-news/e ... ree-months

The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has agreed to renew the prohibition of the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options to retail clients, in effect since 2 July, from 2 October 2018 for a further three-month period. ESMA has also agreed on the exclusion of a limited number of products from the scope of the measure.
https://www.esma.europa.eu/press-news/e ... ree-months