Re: Problem for Break even with IG Markets.

Ogee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:01 pm yeah it does work, I've used it every day for years.

It won't put pending orders on the chart, it just waits for the level then bangs in an 'at market order'.

If using more than once you need to change the magic number.

Depending on your broker it may be the pips/points problem, if the chart price has 1 decimal point (eg indices) 80 = 8, but if the chart price has 2 decimal points (eg currencies, gold) then 80 is 80 so your 80 could be a long way away from the trade open price.
I must be doing something wrong my friend, Or maybe its not working on the US30.

2 pictures here, one when i took 1 market and 1 limit order, and the second is the current market situation.
Attachments

Sagiv wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:37 pm I must be doing something wrong my friend, Or maybe its not working on the US30.

2 pictures here, one when i took 1 market and 1 limit order, and the second is the current market situation.
not quite sure what you are trying to do.

Pic 1 trade entry and the EA set to take profit or stop out at +80 or -80 (8 points).
Pic 2 trade closed by EA at take profit 8 points.
Attachments

Ogee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 pm not quite sure what you are trying to do.

Pic 1 trade entry and the EA set to take profit or stop out at +80 or -80 (8 points).
Pic 2 trade closed by EA at take profit 8 points.
I thought I could use this EA in order to get better filled with limit orders on IG Broker.

Look at my first picture which I showed that the only way to get in close to the current price is only with Market orders, so the problem is you cant get in and out quickly like you can with other Brokers.

If this EA should solve this issue and you have a spare time, I would be very grateful if you can dl their demo version here and give it a try by yourself

Sagiv wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:41 pm I thought I could use this EA in order to get better filled with limit orders on IG Broker.

Look at my first picture which I showed that the only way to get in close to the current price is only with Market orders, so the problem is you cant get in and out quickly like you can with other Brokers.

If this EA should solve this issue and you have a spare time, I would be very grateful if you can dl their demo version here and give it a try by yourself
https://easyupload.io/49sfjh
The EA only closes trades, it won't open any. So it will allow to get out of a trade before a minimum stop loss set by a broker is reached.