Re: Problem for Break even with IG Markets.

FxVolumes wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am Hi there, today, i was short on the AUDJPY for a swing trade ;

when i was in good profit i was unable to put my SL to Break Even...
It was too disturbing to me, then i cut off the trade.

I don't understand the message box describing the reason for the impossibility to put my SL to Break even.

Can someone explains it to me please?

Kind Regards.
ig_problem_be.jpg
Try to increase slippage values and short distance from current price for SL/BE also can be a reason
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
Jimmy
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

FxVolumes wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am Hi there, today, i was short on the AUDJPY for a swing trade ;

when i was in good profit i was unable to put my SL to Break Even...
It was too disturbing to me, then i cut off the trade.

I don't understand the message box describing the reason for the impossibility to put my SL to Break even.

Can someone explains it to me please?

Kind Regards.
ig_problem_be.jpg
Good decision for closing the trade with profit.

Yes, as Mntiwana said, the stop needs to be a certain distance for this type of account.
For IG Markets, LR means Limited Risk. So for a Limited Risk type of account you'll need to apply a "guaranteed stop" with this account type and this stop must be a certain distance from the current market level. For this account you won't be able to use other types of stops, like trailing stops etc.

Hope this helps!
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
FxVolumes
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

FxVolumes wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:52 pm yes thank you very much.
Kind regards.
No worries bro!
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
moey_dw
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:14 pm Good decision for closing the trade with profit.

Yes, as Mntiwana said, the stop needs to be a certain distance for this type of account.
For IG Markets, LR means Limited Risk. So for a Limited Risk type of account you'll need to apply a "guaranteed stop" with this account type and this stop must be a certain distance from the current market level. For this account you won't be able to use other types of stops, like trailing stops etc.

Hope this helps!
Having the same issue with IG Broker,

If you are scalper forget about using them, the limit orders are far away from the price, its unbelievable!
They dont have other types of accounts...

Sagiv wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:25 pm Having the same issue with IG Broker,

If you are scalper forget about using them, the limit orders are far away from the price, its unbelievable!
They dont have other types of accounts...
You can use an EA (place in experts folder) on mt4 that triggers a market stop order at a set distance from the entry price well before the guaranteed stop order.
(80 pips = 8 points)
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Sagiv

Ogee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:53 pm You can use an EA (place in experts folder) on mt4 that triggers a market stop order at a set distance from the entry price well before the guaranteed stop order.
(80 pips = 8 points)
It dosent seems to work my friend.

As you can see in the example here, I have 1 market order and I have another limit order that I cant take higher only lower, there is a huge distance between the market orders and the limit orders.
Attachments

Sagiv wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:15 pm It dosent seems to work my friend.

As you can see in the example here, I have 1 market order and I have another limit order that I cant take higher only lower, there is a huge distance between the market orders and the limit orders.
yeah it does work, I've used it every day for years.

It won't put pending orders on the chart, it just waits for the level then bangs in an 'at market order'.

If using more than once you need to change the magic number.

Depending on your broker it may be the pips/points problem, if the chart price has 1 decimal point (eg indices) 80 = 8, but if the chart price has 2 decimal points (eg currencies, gold) then 80 is 80 so your 80 could be a long way away from the trade open price.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Sagiv