FxPro also hikes margin requirements ahead of German elections

FxPro became the third major forex broker to announce it is temporarily increasing its margin requirements ahead of the German general elections on September 24. The broker will temporarily increase the margin requirements on all European spot indices to 2%, starting from Friday, September 22, 2017, at 15:00 (GMT+3) and will affect both new and existing positions. In cases of extreme volatility and lack of liquidity, the broker may also refuse the opening of new positions, enabling ‘Close Only’ functionality.

Re: FxPro also hikes margin requirements ahead of German elections

mlawson71 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 pm I am glad all went well. I didn't trade during that period at all just in case.
Why? I said, it will be a boring election and markets also didn't care at all. The trouble in Catalonia is more a spot to look at. I can understand the people in Catalonia, but is becoming independent better? So many regions in Europe fancy with independency. In South-Sweden, in South-Germany, in North-Italy, in North-Ireland and Scotland. Maybe there are more. It would be the end of FC Barcelona, FC Bayern Munich, Malmö FF and so on - just kidding.

On Friday is NFP again, the first Friday in Month is a good day to make a long weekend.

mlawson71 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:19 pm I didn't trade because I am a terribly anxious trader and when I know that there'll be a big event I tend to wait them out. It's a big flaw of mine as a trader, I think. :(
I see, but you don't need to be anxious. Fundamental events have only short influence on the market. Interest rate decisions can attract some long-term traders but intraday you have a heavy amplitude and by the next day you can trade normally as usual. In days of HFT the influence doesn't last long, not as in old days.

The UK arm of global forex broker FxPro has turned a profit of £1.48 million in 2017, shows the full accounts report filed with UK’s Companies House on Monday. The figure represents an increase of more than 38% over previous year, when the broker made £1.07 million in net profit.

Furthermore, the report shows that the total revenue of FxPro UK for 2017 was £4.42 million.

I always thought that big companies like that turned up a much bigger profit than that...