Re: Futures Broker Demo in USA

Hey mate, have you tried AMP Futures yet? I know they offer MT5 support.

Also, do you mind me asking why you want to trade Futures on MT4 or MT5?
You'll be strictly limited in your trading abilities using Metaquotes platforms to trade Futures. As you know, trading Futures is a lot more in-depth and transparent than retail Forex (which is what MT4 was designed for). In the Futures markets you can see true Volumes, use a DOM etc. which makes trading very straight forward. The Metaquotes platform is very basic for Futures.

I can understand you might want to use MT4 to trade futures because of the idea of using custom indicators available here but you really don't need any fancy indicators to trade Futures!
As a prop trader at work we hardly used charts at all for trading futures let alone technical indicators, we only used a DOM and that's it.

Let us know how you go!

PS: If you're looking to try Futures for free with a real futures platform you can test out X_trader here.
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

thanks for the reply
I only really use the futures charts to get volume to trade forex, 6A, 6B....also look at oil, gold etc
their is an indicator, a kind of volume candle that i like on mt4
i have the AMP (MT5) and am tempted to just trade futures directly, but honestly im a bit intimidated by the different product lot sizes, like oj, coco, es every contract is a different size
also this is going really well, so im not sure i want to rock the boat
i will check it out, thanks

society wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 10:52 pm thanks for the reply
I only really use the futures charts to get volume to trade forex, 6A, 6B....also look at oil, gold etc
their is an indicator, a kind of volume candle that i like on mt4
i have the AMP (MT5) and am tempted to just trade futures directly, but honestly im a bit intimidated by the different product lot sizes, like oj, coco, es every contract is a different size
also this is going really well, so im not sure i want to rock the boat
i will check it out, thanks
Yep, I understand you. It's good that you're looking at Futures as a reference point for trading Forex pairs.
Why don't you trade E-mini's for a start? S&P 500 (ES) and Nasdaq 100 (NQ) are the cheapest (one-fifth the contract size), highly liquid and open almost 24 hours a day. Start off with those two.

For me, what I love about futures is it's a lot more predictable than Forex, cheaper (in the long run) and there's no risk of dodgy brokers and so on. It just sucks that Futures is more expensive to "get into".

PS: Check out this article about reasons for moving from Forex to Futures if you are ever interested in Futures.
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance