QuestionBroker slippage question

hello mladen

i have question maybe also be another member's question

i see your post on forex-tsd on 2014:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mladen 2014.02.19 09:37 #3 EN
I do not think that you can get a slippage by trying to open orders. Apart from obvious reason (draining your account in no time with such orders) one reason is even more obvious : sometimes it will open one order and refuse to open the other order with the same slippage. And if the broker is a market maker no way that you will find the exact slippage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my question is: so when we put slippage on EA and runinig EA, SLIPPAGE CALCULATE RANDOMLY? {ECN ACCOUNT}

regard
what we want: 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=9 <3
what market delivers: 1+2+8+7-4+0-5+8-4-5+1=9 :problem:

Re: Broker slippage

The problem with traders when live trading,mostly brokers have variable spread,not fixed,and especially when market price is high volatile (news,no signals/ticks from brokers,slow net) ,the spread so frequently fly that you can not catch it and or hold it,so there are only 2 options for traders,wide enough your slippage values if you want your order should be triggered/closed,and or hand over your self to market waves where they put you .... with a usual 2/3 slippage there are enough chance your orders (open-close) will not be qualified,not only because of bad broker but for other reasons too,till when your order reach at final destination it is not necessary that market price will be waiting for your order reach and then move,it must be some where else but your order can be triggered by chance if market price was still fluctuating in that zone
and there is no way or means for random slippage.
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mladen wrote:
Scalping without a special agreement with the brokers is more or less impossible
dear mladen:

can our network connection effect of to receive tick from server to mt4?

now my network connection is 4 mb/s, if i use with higher speed exp:10 mb/s can it effect of to receive tick from server?

and if we use vps with 0.5 latency this can be effect of receive better tick from server or not?

ECN account meaning

kind regard
what we want: 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=9 <3
what market delivers: 1+2+8+7-4+0-5+8-4-5+1=9 :problem:

bilbao wrote:
dear mladen:

can our network connection effect of to receive tick from server to mt4?
It can, but in 99% of cases it is not the issue that causes problems with scalping

We have 3 cases :

• when the broker is not an ECN - they simply widen the spread (remember what did they do to EURCHF when fap turbo was the hype?)
  • when the broker is an ECN - the simply do what FXCM did - they inserted their intermediate that was scamming the traders
  • and there are those that will "punish" you for scalping ("not according to our rules and regulations" catch)

so, unless you have a contract with the broker that will allow you uninterrupted and unscammed order execution, then forget about scalping