Share something about your trading journey.

Let this one be a thread about the journey one goes through to become a profitable trader and what demons you need to slay in the way.

I would like to begin by asking:
Which stage of your trading are you in:

1. Beginner: where you are only in demo or constantly losing money in live trading
2. Intermediate: Where you are more or less breaking even
3. Expert: where you are making small consistent profit
4. Professional: where you are earning all that you want enjoying that good lifstyle which you always wanted

How long were you stuck in each stage and how did you move on to the next one? Let this thread also give all the emotional strength to other traders.
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

Re: Share something about your trading journey.

Not wanting to knock the thread but the categories some might have a problem with, for example the 'professionals' I know work ridiculous long hours trying to stay ahead of the game and have an unenviable lifestyle and never think they earn enough to compensate for that. Really they're just hoping they can get to keep enough of their rewards to retire early.

With the 'experts' no one really finds long term consistency as the markets move in cycles and so the best you can hope for is to ride high for a while then keep loses to a minimum in a downturn until the market returns to suit your style. It's certainly possible for successful traders to have losing weeks, months and even years.

I would see the journey less as set stages and more a constant stream of psychological dramas and endurance trying to stay afloat while learning to make fewer and fewer repetitive mistakes :)

Re: Share something about your trading journey.

Ogee wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:51 pm
Not wanting to knock the thread but the categories some might have a problem with, for example the 'professionals' I know work ridiculous long hours trying to stay ahead of the game and have an unenviable lifestyle and never think they earn enough to compensate for that. Really they're just hoping they can get to keep enough of their rewards to retire early.

With the 'experts' no one really finds long term consistency as the markets move in cycles and so the best you can hope for is to ride high for a while then keep loses to a minimum in a downturn until the market returns to suit your style. It's certainly possible for successful traders to have losing weeks, months and even years.

I would see the journey less as set stages and more a constant stream of psychological dramas and endurance trying to stay afloat while learning to make fewer and fewer repetitive mistakes :)
While all that may be true but I am interested about traders own struggle and where and how they have reached where they have reached. I think that will be more helpful to everyone.
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

Attachments 1
  1. Similar Topics

1. iMAonArray - Am I doing something wrong ?

0 Replies 256 Views

by rogerha, Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:28 pm in Coding Help

0 Replies
    2. SHARE MY INDICATORS NOW

101 Replies 11307 Views

by vuongnet, Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:23 pm in MT4 Indicators

101 Replies
    3. 11 Replies

Return to “Forex Education”

Users viewing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests