IdeaHow to Run Multiple Instances of MetaTrader on the Same Computer

First run mt4 setup:

1. Click on the “Next” button.

2. Agree with the terms and click on the “Next” button.

3. This step is where you have to determine whether you want to have multiple instances of the same platform on your computer or not. You will see this in the installation folder textbox:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4

If you want to have several instances of MetaTrader, then you can edit the above address by adding a (1) or – 1 to the end:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 (1)

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 – 1

Therefore, the first MetaTrader will be installed in MetaTrader 4 (1) folder:

4. Click on the “Next” button and finish the installation. So you are done with the first installation.

5. Repeat the same process from the scratch and this time add a (2) or – 2 to the installation folder address:

6. Repeat this as many times as you want. If you want to run 3 instances of MetaTrader, then you have to repeat this 3 times.

7. Now you can run the platforms. If you click on the shortcut the installation wizard has placed on the desktop, then only the last instance of MetaTrader will be launched. To run all of them, you have to refer to the below folders one by one and click on the terminal.exe file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 (1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 (2)
C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 (3)

Please note that there are two terminal files. One of them is terminal.exe file that runs the platform. The other one is just an icon file which is not functional and cannot run the platform. You have to click on the functional file which has a different icon:

8. After running each platform, you can either sign up for a demo account at File>Open an Account at top left, or login to the account you already have at File>Login to Trade Account.

Good luck
These users thanked the author bilbao for the post:
Jedidiah
what we want: 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=9 <3
what market delivers: 1+2+8+7-4+0-5+8-4-5+1=9 :problem:

Re: How to Run Multiple Instances of MetaTrader on the Same Computer

mladen wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:39 pm Metatrader does not need to be installed at all
All that is needed to do is to copy the folder to some other place and run it from there. Combined with the "/portable" switch it can be easily controlled that way
Pretty good tip Mladen :) Thank you for sharing
I didn’t know it, I always use the link when need additional terminal, but I will definitely try it ;)

camisa wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:23 am
Topic merged with existing one.

Camisa as you didn't explain how you did it, could you confirm that the original method described in the first post of this topic still works?

Just for anyone else searching.

Thanks.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
camisa
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

I think i have 15 on this machine :Rofl: go here
https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download
then go to settings then give each instance a new number or letter
like metatrader1, metatrader2, 3 or metatradera, ...b, ....c thats how i did it
you can probably just keep executing the same downloaded file as long as you change the location
These users thanked the author Tradehunter for the post:
camisa

Jimmy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:46 am Topic merged with existing one.

Camisa as you didn't explain how you did it, could you confirm that the original method described in the first post of this topic still works?

Just for anyone else searching.

Thanks.
tradehunter got it

In the past (or other brokers MT4) when one clicked on the install file, it asked the install directory right away

Now you have to click settings to choose :P pretty basic :P
These users thanked the author camisa for the post (total 2):
Tradehunter, Jimmy