Re: learnMQL4.com

Just a quick question about learnMQL4.com and the 4 main training courses offered by Jim Dandy. Has anyone signed up for these courses and if so, what were your experiences, good, bad, etc? I am seriously contemplating enrolling for the full package and thought I would gauge opinion first.

I've watched a ton of his videos of late and picked up plenty of useful info already. I've also seen some OOP videos from Arthur at Orchard Forex which Jim recommends but that's way beyond me at this stage. TIA

Jackson Doh wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:08 pm Just a quick question about learnMQL4.com and the 4 main training courses offered by Jim Dandy. Has anyone signed up for these courses and if so, what were your experiences, good, bad, etc? I am seriously contemplating enrolling for the full package and thought I would gauge opinion first.

I've watched a ton of his videos of late and picked up plenty of useful info already. I've also seen some OOP videos from Arthur at Orchard Forex which Jim recommends but that's way beyond me at this stage. TIA
I subscribed to the course you mentioned a few years ago. If you want to learn go for it the material is on the more basic end but that is where you need to start and you can do quite a lot with what you learn. Also, it gives you a good grounding to search out and understand more advanced stuff as you need it.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
Jackson Doh
nil desperandum

Hi

it's there any updated version of this mql4 programming recommended by the forum?

I have seen in the codes there is a lot of use of "struct sGlobalStruct" does it optimize the code?

how can you integrate this kind of code into another indicator? I tried (don't really know about programming, just using basic logic to modify the most easy things) but it send errors of "define" when trying to add a condition.

-L- wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:26 am Hi

it's there any updated version of this mql4 programming recommended by the forum?

I have seen in the codes there is a lot of use of "struct sGlobalStruct" does it optimize the code?

how can you integrate this kind of code into another indicator? I tried (don't really know about programming, just using basic logic to modify the most easy things) but it send errors of "define" when trying to add a condition.
I would suggest looking at the following YouTube channels as learning resources for MQL4 coding:
- Orchard Forex; This one especially good for structures & classes.
- Jimdandy1958;
- MQL4Tutorial; I don't know this one too well but it has regular updates while the other two have temporarily paused or stopped updating.
These users thanked the author Jackson Doh for the post:
-L-