IdeaLooking forward to mrtools teacher writing Sidus EA

At the heart of Sidus is the RSI. Looking forward to mrtools writing a Sidus EA.

It is good to use this EA to place an order when there is no time to watch the market.

The merits are immeasurable!
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah

Re: Looking forward to mrtools teacher writing Sidus EA

太虚一毫 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:43 am At the heart of Sidus is the RSI. Looking forward to mrtools writing a Sidus EA.

It is good to use this EA to place an order when there is no time to watch the market.

The merits are immeasurable!
Thought I saw your request, think it was yesterday when I woke up but couldn't find it. Yeah, will work on an EA for Sidus tomorrow.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:32 pm Thought I saw your request, think it was yesterday when I woke up but couldn't find it. Yeah, will work on an EA for Sidus tomorrow.
Made this version, back testing following the arrows not very good right out of the box, hoping to maybe get some ideas and more live demo testing to hopefully make it better. You will need the sidus indicator in your indicators folder for the EA to work.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, kvak, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:54 am Made this version, back testing following the arrows not very good right out of the box, hoping to maybe get some ideas and more live demo testing to hopefully make it better. You will need the sidus indicator in your indicators folder for the EA to work.

In sidus and sidus EA, the RSIPeriod is changed to 13, and the level is changed to: RSI > 70 and RSI < 30. This configuration, for 5 minute charts, is ideal for trading Forex (doing breakout trades)! :thumbup:

Teachers can add levels to modify parameter options in sidus EA:

sidus.mq4 Line 102:

trend = (i<rates_total-1) ? (glo.diff>0 && glo.rsi>70) ? 1 : (glo.diff<0 && glo.rsi<30) ? -1 : trend[i+1] : 0;
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

太虚一毫 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:30 am In sidus and sidus EA, the RSIPeriod is changed to 13, and the level is changed to: RSI > 70 and RSI < 30. This configuration, for 5 minute charts, is ideal for trading Forex (doing breakout trades)! :thumbup:

Teachers can add levels to modify parameter options in sidus EA:

sidus.mq4 Line 102:

trend = (i<rates_total-1) ? (glo.diff>0 && glo.rsi>70) ? 1 : (glo.diff<0 && glo.rsi<30) ? -1 : trend[i+1] : 0;

Made it user selectable upper/lower zones, something I should have done in the first place. Thanks!

ps) keeping the names the same for now.
太虚一毫, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

mrtools wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:44 am Made it user selectable upper/lower zones, something I should have done in the first place. Thanks!

ps) keeping the names the same for now.
The trend of sidus is to use moving averages. It would be more ideal if better trend indicators or breakthrough indicators are used to revise its signals, such as ADXVMA, DSL DSMA, etc. :thumbup:
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

太虚一毫 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:49 am The trend of sidus is to use moving averages. It would be more ideal if better trend indicators or breakthrough indicators are used to revise its signals, such as ADXVMA, DSL DSMA, etc. :thumbup:
Yes, will do that and add more rsi options probably over the weekend.
太虚一毫, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy