Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: How to Determine if a pair is more Ranging or more Trending ?

1337br wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:13 am thanks for the info buddy
do you combine it with any other indicator? I thought of using macd histogram and only enter signals when it is already facing the same direction as the signal...

thanks mate
I use the ADXvma together with the new HAOS Visual. Whenever the short WPR leaves the OBOS zone and turns back towards the ADXvma direction, I enter a trade. I have a few other filters, but that would now go beyond the scope here. When I have tested the system extensively (but looks very promising so far) I will post it here.
These users thanked the author pail1217 for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, 1337br

ionone wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:35 pm I've tried all the methods listed on various sites

- mean ROC (Rate of Change)
- mean Volatility
- mean Consecutive closing above/below moving average
- mean HH/LL

but I don't get a clear number diffference
for example we all know that GBP JPY is the most trending pair, but the numbers I got don't reflect that

thanks for your help

Jeff

If price does not stay over hull moving average
It tells me it is ranging
Or a good channel/average indicator

Compared volatility is good, volume cause volatility also
Volume Profile is also good at showing ranges

Economic trade flow by fundamentals
Places connected to oil, gold, etc resources
Attachments
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

pail1217 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:17 am I use the ADXvma together with the new HAOS Visual. Whenever the short WPR leaves the OBOS zone and turns back towards the ADXvma direction, I enter a trade. I have a few other filters, but that would now go beyond the scope here. When I have tested the system extensively (but looks very promising so far) I will post it here.
ok bro im waiting , thanks
These users thanked the author 1337br for the post:
pail1217