Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

FourXXXX wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:32 pm The TMA slope threshold changes the background colour to indicate trend. If the market is not trending and showing a grey background you can consider trading up and down from edge to edge of the band. It can result in a lot of pips in a consolidation period that would give little from trend following.

I will look at the Timelines, I know the times so well I never needed a label. What I am looking for at those lines is if there will be a reversal, DAX and the Nikkie are very good at doing it. But if there is no reversal it usually indicates a strong trend continuation. The first chart I posted above is a good example of the reversals.
Thanks for that explanation of the TMA slope threshold and especially it's usage during consolidation times.
About the times, most of the Session indicators got messed up because of the European Daylight saving time change at the end of October. But the XARd clock is ever accurate, so I have to align with it.

Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

Mundu19 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:35 pm Thanks for that explanation of the TMA slope threshold and especially it's usage during consolidation times.
About the times, most of the Session indicators got messed up because of the European Daylight saving time change at the end of October. But the XARd clock is ever accurate, so I have to align with it.
The template I posted is correct for NY close brokers, that will change when daylight saving times change. If you reset the indicators the time will be correct when DS ends. If your broker is NY close the European and US Symbols are always the same time anyway.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
Mundu19
nil desperandum

Hey FourXXXX,

I took a bit of time off and and am now back testing out the system once again. Admittedly, I fell into the trap of trying a system, having a few losses, getting pissed off and moving on. I had to step away and take hard look at my trading habits. It's one of the downsides of the Forex-Station - there are so many great things going on it's hard not to chase after every shiny new indicator or system thinking its the holy grail.

I appreciate your trading consistency and willingness to help so many of us.

Backtesting has proven to be consistent, so I'm starting a small live account today to forward test. I'll post charts moving forward as I have questions. Again, thanks for your help.
These users thanked the author Castle73 for the post (total 3):
knglerxst, XXXX, Musashi

Castle73 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:28 am Hey FourXXXX,

I took a bit of time off and and am now back testing out the system once again. Admittedly, I fell into the trap of trying a system, having a few losses, getting pissed off and moving on. I had to step away and take hard look at my trading habits. It's one of the downsides of the Forex-Station - there are so many great things going on it's hard not to chase after every shiny new indicator or system thinking its the holy grail.

I appreciate your trading consistency and willingness to help so many of us.

Backtesting has proven to be consistent, so I'm starting a small live account today to forward test. I'll post charts moving forward as I have questions. Again, thanks for your help.
I joined Forex-station almost 2 years ago, of the time I have spent on here more than 95% would have been in Xards thread. For the first 3 months, I was comparing his system to another that I was using at that time. Then I made the decision to trade Xard only, the one thing that stuck in my head was his profit. If there is a more profitable system freely available I am not aware of it. In the time I have used this system I have had rough patches even a period where I could not open a trade. But at no time have I gone to anything else, what kept me on this system is seeing Xard showing 20, 30, 50 and even 142% in one day. Privately he has told me has an odd day where he makes a loss and quits for the day when his threshold is broken.

One day I will get to 100% profit the day, that day is getting closer as my results keep improving. I trade with exactly what I have posted here and won't change unless there is a very good reason to. My belief is it is far better to just trade one system and get to know it well. Not wanting to take anything away from Xard but I think a lot people follow his system waiting for the next version that is going to magically turn them into a super trader. The system is not the biggest thing that affects your profit is your own psychology, some say it is 80%, I believe it is more than that. Tom Hougaard's Psychology material helped me a lot, I tried following his Telegram trades and quickly gave up that when I was 60 pips in profit on the DAX and he was -5 and talking about shorting while I was long. The biggest thing I learnt from him was that going what will make you profitable is the hardest. Closing your losses quickly instead of hanging on to the hope they will turn around and letting your profits run instead of closing when you have a small profit.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 11):
Castle73, Skyold, maroka, BeatlemaniaSA, Jedidiah, jolugarpe, chris006, Mundu19, Jackson Doh, StuartWong, Musashi
nil desperandum

Mundu19 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:59 pm Concerning the XXXX Time Lines indicator. Is it possible to add a Show Object descriptions to it, such that one can see at a glance the market description written vertically at the bottom of the chart?
I have changed the name of the line objects to what market they are for. So if you mouse over them they will tell you what the line is for. I have not put it on the chart permanently as it then starts to interfere with the Candles.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 6):
Jedidiah, Mundu19, eduarescobar, StuartWong, Resilient2win, Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:00 pm I have changed the name of the line objects to what market they are for. So if you mouse over them they will tell you what the line is for. I have not put it on the chart permanently as it then starts to interfere with the Candles.
Thanks for the wonderful work. Much appreciated.
These users thanked the author Mundu19 for the post (total 2):
XXXX, Musashi

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:39 pm I had a request for a version of the TMA indicator that just displays the slope.
Thank you for your time and effort and your quick support.
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 3):
XXXX, StuartWong, Musashi
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:39 pm I had a request for a version of the TMA indicator that just displays the slope.
I think you also observe the time units 5MIN and 30MIN. Is there a possibility to display both TMA slopes on one chart? If you also think it would be useful and feasible, I would be happy to observe both slopes at the same time on one chart.

XXXX: Can do give me a few days.
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 2):
StuartWong, Musashi
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777