Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

Castle73 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:11 am That's impressive, FourXXXX. What did you use as an indicator for TP? I'm still learning so most of my TP are at the TMA line. The ideal TP is far more difficult for me than entries.
It is much harder to know the right time to take profit than it is to know when to enter.

When the band is grey then take profit as soon as price reaches the edge. Except at open as the band can be grey due to a slow premarket, I am always looking for a decent move off of the open. When you have a coloured band let price go to the edge of the name and beyond, close before price renters the band.

Having said that if the open is strong what I prefer to do is set the trailing stop in the EA and let the trade run. I am aiming for 61.85 ADR if price pushes past there it may go much further. If that is the case you could just let the trade run until the trailing stop takes you out.

Really you need to get a feel for price movement of the symbol you are trading, there are times it will go well beyond 61.85 and even well beyond 100% but that is not often. If you are not sure take profit at 61.85 and call it a day.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
knglerxst, StuartWong, Musashi
nil desperandum

Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

rogeryrogery wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:15 am Hi FourXXXX,

Please check this charts and let me know if there is any problem with my template or something else.

on 5MIN chart it's not showing Higher Time 15 MIN zigzag in circled colour as it does normally - see picture attached where last 2 dots missing on 5 min.

Secondly - If I want to use ZZAlet for 15M, ZZ3 indicator got value of 20 so I assume that would be deviation for ZZalert - When I change value in ZZalert it don't sure like ZZ of 15MIN.

I want to use ZZalert as 15MIN ZZ for your temple with alert - so easy to trade from higher time fram ( 15M ) dot, on 5 MIN chart for entry.

Thank you.
I have no idea what you have done.

Here is the ZZ3 line indicator modified to include the alert.
Copy it over the existing one in the indicators folder then use the template I originally supplied for this setup and you are good to go.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 7):
maroka, Skyold, Ricstar_8, Jedidiah, Toad Fish, StuartWong, Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:14 pm Here you go, although I prefer to see where I effed up.
Hi FourXXXX,

Would you be inclined to add a button to your XXXX Trades indicator? :) It would be great to be able to switch it ON/OFF as needed.

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
Musashi
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:30 pm Hi FourXXXX,

Would you be inclined to add a button to your XXXX Trades indicator? :) It would be great to be able to switch it ON/OFF as needed.

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
If I have time on the weekend I will look at, building a new Ryzen 7950X PC for myself first. If not will have to wait till the following weekend, I need to focus during trading time.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
BeatlemaniaSA, TransparentTrader, Musashi
nil desperandum

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:30 pm Hi FourXXXX,

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
Here you are.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 7):
Skyold, BeatlemaniaSA, Jedidiah, eduarescobar, StuartWong, Resilient2win, Musashi
nil desperandum

Here is the setup I use now, it is very similar to the first setup, the main differences are in the moving averages and ZZ's.

I have made a few changes to the EA, first thing is if you use the EA once you open a trade don't change timeframes or symbols. Also just have one instance of the EA running for each symbol, otherwise, you could have virtual stops opened on another chart. The EA is coded by me to work the way I want, if it does not suit you then there are plenty of other options.

Read the details about the previous version of the EA here viewtopic.php?p=1295487494#p1295487494, differences with this version is it will create virtual stops if they are not already on the chart and a trade is open, there is a moving average stop loss and the M TP button moves the take profit line closer to the current piece rather than having to scroll so far to find it.

One big advantage of the EA is that you manage many trades on the one symbol just by using one TP and one SL line.

I normally use 3 charts per symbol M1 where I have the EA and take my entries off M1 signals, M5 for longer trend and the M30 to give me the bigger picture.

I don't trade the US Symbols as the US session starts around midnight in my part of the world. So I trade JPN225, HK50 and GER30 (DAX), here some examples of the DAX, I find the 0.618 retracements and M5 200SMA is very powerful. On the charts the M5 Yellow 200 SMA is MTF and shown at the same levels on all charts.

Here is an example of price reversing 3 times at the 200SMA.

Here is a couple of my trades on the DAX M1, I find the TMA bands to be very good for profit targets except when the market is very active. Also another reversal off the 200SMA.

To install unzip the file, copy both the Templates and MQL4 folders, then in MT4 click open data folder and paste. After that just apply the XXXX V46 template, if it does not work read the instructions again.

Quite a few of the files are modified from Xard's original versions so best to keep them in the separate folder as they are.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 18):
Woodyz, Jedidiah, DaveTrader, yoki, Mundu19, Banzai, maroka, StuartWong, eduarescobar, Musashi, chris006, Castle73, Jimmy, iPar, Skyold, RodrigoRT7, LJC, Resilient2win
nil desperandum

Thanks so much for sharing your strategy with us. You have opened my eyes on trading the M1 chart as your do especially with the use of the tma bands. Thanks again.
I have a question and also a request. How do you read the TMA slope number or rather how do you use it?
Concerning the XXXX Time Lines indicator. Is it possible to add a Show Object descriptions to it, such that one can see at a glance the market description written vertically at the bottom of the chart?
These users thanked the author Mundu19 for the post (total 3):
XXXX, Jedidiah, Musashi

Mundu19 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:59 pm Thanks so much for sharing your strategy with us. You have opened my eyes on trading the M1 chart as your do especially with the use of the tma bands. Thanks again.
I have a question and also a request. How do you read the TMA slope number or rather how do you use it?
Concerning the XXXX Time Lines indicator. Is it possible to add a Show Object descriptions to it, such that one can see at a glance the market description written vertically at the bottom of the chart?
The TMA slope threshold changes the background colour to indicate trend. If the market is not trending and showing a grey background you can consider trading up and down from edge to edge of the band. It can result in a lot of pips in a consolidation period that would give little from trend following.

I will look at the Timelines, I know the times so well I never needed a label. What I am looking for at those lines is if there will be a reversal, DAX and the Nikkie are very good at doing it. But if there is no reversal it usually indicates a strong trend continuation. The first chart I posted above is a good example of the reversals.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 6):
maroka, Mundu19, StuartWong, eduarescobar, Skyold, Musashi
nil desperandum