Re: BeatlemaniaSA's XU-Hybrid Trading System

josi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:21 pm This is not at all a criticism, on the contrary: everything you write makes total sense to me. I would only add:
From my point of view what we can see from looking at CCI (either H4 or D1 length, which means colouring etc could change any time within this time period) is a fading of momentum.
This can mean two things:
a) pullback (retracement) - CCI is above zero, after all (and as long as it is, we are functionally still in an uptrend, even with red and declining bars)
b) reversal
If you want to make this somewhat clearer you could use price action, for example the 4-bar-fractal method (I posted maybe a week ago in the "something interesting"-thread) because it gives you another hint that price may reverse.
Hi Josi,

Constructive insight and input is NEVER criticism :D. I'll check it out test it as well and I recommend the members test it out as well. I'll be calling on your knowledgeable expertise for more insight to how best to incorporate it into XU-Hybrid.

Constant improvement is what we are seeking.

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

trailingedge wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:45 pm Great clean set up, thank-you for your work!

M15 - GOLD/USD
Chose not to enter long with the RSI green signal due to CCI still red...
I am assuming that is a correct assumption.
Regards,
TE
Correct :thumbup:

Be patient and wait for the correct setup. Don't just enter whenever a signal arrow fires. Review it in the context of the chart and your RULES for entering a trade :)

Regards,
BM
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
tokjanggut

Re: XU-Hybrid Trading System v2.0

josi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:25 pm a question, though: why did you use 60 and 24 for zigzag?
(I have - some time ago - used 60 and 9: more signals; better for beginners (? - shorter time in each trade) - because - later on - "only" 60 may be enough)
Hi josi,

Ever since I have the zigzag indicator I have tested many combinations, 60/36, 60/24, 60/12, 60/11 :) but I have found through experimenting that 60/24 gives just the right amount (balance) of signals. When I had it set to 60/11 the screen was filled with signals. A bit overwhelming and I think for a beginner that may not be the best :sweat:

Rather a few signals allowing them to actually stay in the trade longer ;)

Regards,
BM
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 2):
josi, Balrock

josi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:21 pm This is not at all a criticism, on the contrary: everything you write, makes total sense to me. I would only add:
From my point of view what we can see from looking at CCI (either H4 or D1 length, which means colouring etc could change any time within this time period) is a fading of momentum.
This can mean two things:
a) pullback (retracement) - CCI is above zero, after all (and as long as it is, we are functionally still in an uptrend, even with red and declining bars)
b) reversal
If you want to make this somewhat clearer you could use price action, for example the 4-bar-fractal method (I posted, maybe a week ago, in the "something interesting"-thread) because it gives you another hint that price may reverse.
Thanks josi. Please what MA do you use on your chart? Thanks.