Back Testing

Hi Guys,

I am new here, great forum, very informative and looks like loads of knowledge here.

I have being looking at quite a few indicators, and although they do have good reviews, I would still like to back test them.

Is there an easy way to do this, or do I continue doing this manually by taking a date range and going though the confirmations myself?

Thanks for your advise in advance.

M

QuestionRe: Back Testing

Hello,
I would back the question.
I am running live account with very small capital, so its a reality-toy so to say that provides real feedback (It looks like when I do follow rules, I may be doing a plus 1% per day)
Maybe I could modify the question a bit:
+++
Would it be possible to have an expert advisor, that would import actual data from let us say two to five MrTools and Mladen indicators from this site, subject the values to some logic and then issue a buy/sell signal with SL set by one indicator value (eg PSAR) and R/R ratio customizable? No trade babysitting, set and fly.
+++
While I don't know much personally about coding EAs I do see the main problem in the possibility of joining the indicators feed into the EA.. if these indicators allow this at all.
The main gain here would be that anyone could use this, easily change the indicators feed so to exchange one indicator with another, and test whatever strategy looks good to his/her eyes.
Limiting such an EA to backtest would be perfectly OK if that would help in coding it. I pretty much understand, that maybe the live option for such a thing could be regarded as paid for.
Also as for me. I would happily post here whatever results I get from using this EA so anyone could learn or get inspiration.

So, any thoughts? And please excuse if I am asking or suggesting something that is generally available.. if that is the case, I would be very much grateful for any directions.

Best regards to everyone,
najv