Re: Rijay's System of Moving Averages

josi wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:40 pm
I can't - for the life of me - figure out what advantage EMA13 can bring to the whole setup.
Should you know yourself I'd be very grateful if you told me.
Does EMA 5-10-20 produce worse signals? Not as far as I can see.
If you leave EMA 13 out altogtether? Different signals?
How about MACD above or below 0 (or/+ divergence) - that could filter out bad signals (see screenshot).

yes you can try different moving averages period you like and the one that works for you

everyone needs to find their own way to figure out which moving averages are synchronized the best with price and time periods

the moving averages from where prices reacts the fastest are the right moving averages to use.

if at all you want to use moving averages ! everyone have their choices to use or not to use

mladen and mrtools have coded well the moving averages in mtf mode, and most importantly shared their good work,

ultimately its the context of moving averages in all timeframes ,

macd just represents convergence and divergence of moving averages only.

there is nothing special about moving averages and macd either. and nothing special about market either, it is the same old behaviour of it, it is just old indicators only available since long.

only prices are the fastest, and so market is deadly fast too !

rijay wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:16 am

yes you can try different moving averages period you like and the one that works for you
everyone needs to find their own way to figure out which moving averages are synchronized the best with price and time periods
the moving averages from where prices reacts the fastest are the right moving averages to use.
if at all you want to use moving averages ! everyone have their choices to use or not to use
mladen and mrtools have coded well the moving averages in mtf mode, and most importantly shared their good work,
ultimately its the context of moving averages in all timeframes ,
macd just represents convergence and divergence of moving averages only.
there is nothing special about moving averages and macd either. and nothing special about market either, it is the same old behaviour of it, it is just old indicators only available since long.
only prices are the fastest, and so market is deadly fast too !
Thanks for your answer but you didn't answer my question.
I didn't ask about MACD, MAs in general, Mladen or MrTools...
all the best

xard777 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 am Rijay, I notice that you are into macd in a big way, have you done any work on dema crossovers?
Apparently the dema crossover uses the macd for confirmation to help filter out false moves.

I am interested in the dema crossover, if you any info on it would help.
All the best
Xard777

xard777 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 am Rijay, I notice that you are into macd in a big way, have you done any work on dema crossovers?
Apparently the dema crossover uses the macd for confirmation to help filter out false moves.

I am interested in the dema crossover, if you any info on it would help.
All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author rijay for the post:
Air92

thanks to Xard

this is perfect settings, great coding, can not think any thing better then this except using gradient color for moving average where specific threshold of gradient color change can be used to trigger buy and sell signal,
rather then change of candle color by static inputs like price median or close to trigger color change on candle. i value your time and appreciate you spending time
this is not a request but how i see the prices behave in multiple timeframes. if you apply gradient colors to moving averages ribbon, each moving average is the timeframe itself and gradient color change of moving average ribbon is the change of gear of each timeframe. few templets iof gradient color ribbon in this thread.

thanks for your efforts and time spent.
edg3end

josi wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:40 pm
I can't - for the life of me - figure out what advantage EMA13 can bring to the whole setup.
Should you know yourself I'd be very grateful if you told me.
Does EMA 5-10-20 produce worse signals? Not as far as I can see.
If you leave EMA 13 out altogtether? Different signals?
How about MACD above or below 0 (or/+ divergence) - that could filter out bad signals (see screenshot).

13 * 4=52 ema( 50 ema)

15 minutes * 4 = 60 minutes

so multiplication or division by factor 4 is equal division of moving averages and timeframes

constbln wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:35 pm hello @rijay thanks for your thread!
I tried to rebuild the following chart template. Although I went through the whole post I couldnt make it working. If you have time it would be nice if u could upload the indcators and with the template. ( viewtopic.php?p=1295384427#p1295384427 )

thanks in advance!
constbln