Re: v2v dynamic system

Hi v2v! I'm a HUGE fan of your system. I didn't understand what was going on in the beginning, but after studying your screenshots, then watching the youtube videos and reading through JPerl's material, I'm beginning to appreciate the work you've put into this. There are still many pieces of the system I need to learn (especially with pivots) but it's still been a huge boon for me.

I've run into an issue, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm a newbie or if it's because of my instrument. I mainly use MT4 for charting and technical analysis of SPY ETF and the latest updates seem to cause the TDZ Momenticks and v2v Momenticks to not load properly on SPY. When these indicators are applied to forex pairs, they work perfectly well. I'll post some screenshots to show what I mean.

Below is a screenshot of M1 SPY chart with the latest v2v system.
The v2v system uploaded in post #377 has working v2v momenticks for SPY, but not TDZ momenticks
The v2v system in post #295 has both indicators working
I've looked through the settings but was unable to change the results. Please help me with this. I like the system alot and I want to keep up with your updates! :)
These users thanked the author ETFOptionsTrader for the post:
nathanvbasko

ETFOptionsTrader wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:58 am Hi v2v! I'm a HUGE fan of your system. I didn't understand what was going on in the beginning, but after studying your screenshots, then watching the youtube videos and reading through JPerl's material, I'm beginning to appreciate the work you've put into this. There are still many pieces of the system I need to learn (especially with pivots) but it's still been a huge boon for me.

I've run into an issue, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm a newbie or if it's because of my instrument. I mainly use MT4 for charting and technical analysis of SPY ETF and the latest updates seem to cause the TDZ Momenticks and v2v Momenticks to not load properly on SPY. When these indicators are applied to forex pairs, they work perfectly well. I'll post some screenshots to show what I mean.

I've looked through the settings but was unable to change the results. Please help me with this. I like the system alot and I want to keep up with your updates! :)

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I adjusted the v2v & TDZ MomenTicks for some CFD instruments.

By the way, once you have the updated ones, you may need to do this (if not yet) for SPX500

Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

Adjusted and/or fixed the calculation for Period and ATR values for the Neural Network, VP-R, and v2v MomenTicks

─ Previously it was not mentioned that there was a hard-coded 2.58 (99%) z-score value in the calculation of Period for some tools within the system. Now, still using it but as a parameter value with a default value of 1.96 (95%) z-score, but with added dynamic calculation of ATR & Period values when DCP is ON: Period = DCP value with z-score and ATR value... While ATR1 & ATR2 is calculated dynamically with z-score and DCP value. if DCP is OFF: Period = 9 minimum either DCP is ON/OFF... While ATR1 = 9 & ATR2 = 27.

The ATR1 & ATR2 is part of the calculation to get the final ATR value.

─ With Neural Network, there's a bug in the calculation of Period dynamically with DCP ON or OFF. <<< FIXED

re-attached... again
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
ETFOptionsTrader
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

Awesome! Thank you!

When I initially tested the update, the indicators still weren't working so I thought maybe there was a problem with my client. After I changed broker and got a new MT4 everything worked! Weird thing is, I assumed that since it was a client issue, if I log into my old account on the new client everything should still work but it didn't; I got the same result as the one I had with my old client.

Really strange. I tried a couple different MT4 clients from brokers I've never used and it seems to be a server-side issue somehow (or I really screwed something up on my computer). Is this normal?

Here's what things looks like with the new broker

And then old broker, using the same MT4 client as above
These users thanked the author ETFOptionsTrader for the post:
Ayrton

The information below is just for additional clarity...

─ The VHF feature of the TDZ works ONLY when MTF mode is OFF

─ TDZ or RSI based tools use the Z-score calculation.. but ONLY for the dynamic zone bands (top-mid-bottom). This is intentional to provide a sort of variance for the entire v2v dynamic trading system.

─ Neural Network is intended to stall (applied just recently) and it can be run or re-run ONLY with its trigger button. Why? Running it periodically (in a set amount of minutes) or every new bar would be heavy for the system to run and wait. The MT4 platform is still NOT supporting the multi-threading process. Thus, the tools are executed in FIFO. Personally, the stalled Neural Network output is much better as I can see what is shown to me after some time and compare to the current price movement since then <─ A sort of way to gauge the consistency of the Neural Network output.

v2v dynamic trading system ...just got optimized

...updated HA-APB is now with recursive HA parameter ─> (default depth is x3 and x1 is for Classic HA

...and new templates 

re-attached (again)... additional parameter has been added for HA-APB: recursive HA
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post (total 2):
ratonchjes, rudiarius

ETFOptionsTrader wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:58 am Hi v2v! I'm a HUGE fan of your system. I didn't understand what was going on in the beginning, but after studying your screenshots, then watching the youtube videos and reading through JPerl's material, I'm beginning to appreciate the work you've put into this. There are still many pieces of the system I need to learn (especially with pivots) but it's still been a huge boon for me.
Thanks for the kind words...

Not all were able to explore and actually tried to learn the system with their own diligence ─Trading Forex requires almost superhuman amounts of patience, composure, resolve, self-discipline and resilience, and necessitates some counter-intuitive decision making to be consistently profitable.

The majority of the retail traders are simply looking for a short-cut system that provides them with Buy or Sell signal for each or every MA crosses or an indicator that provides an over-bought or over-sold setup signal, arrows, alerts.. etc.

Good luck!
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post (total 2):
ETFOptionsTrader, numega