milehightrader wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:26 pm
For some reason, my MT4 terminal is crashing any time I attempt to: Load the Profile (regardless of version), or manually load VP-Range.ex4 or v2v_VWAP.ex4. I have ensured the MT4 settings described in ............
The v2v trading system is not a noob-friendly trading environment or chart setup to trade with as it requires a superhuman trading experience ; )─. More so... as the tools/indicators are too technical for a trader with a K.I.S.S. mindset. Although, once you get the hang of using this system, it adheres to "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." ; )─ Albert Einstein
Anyway, here are the steps that may solve your issue in setting up this system:
Open the MT4 platform >>> press "Ctrl-O" ─it will pop-up an MT4 pop-up Window
...and make sure you have the parameters or value as highlighted.
...now close and open your MT4 platform again.
2) Use the attached tools to load the history (tick data of each instrument/pair) - limited up to 2048 bytes of initial file size (history data file) ─a platform limitation...run the application and simply follow the on-screen instructions. If you are not able to do this successfully, I suggest that you find another trading system or tool to use. There are tons of it in this domain alone.
...click to download this tool
3) Now, open a blank chart with an instrument/pair
...see the attached image and check why you need these steps. If you don't get it... just move on to another system.
4) To fix the issue identified in Step #3... simply follow the sub-step below:
─ open a blank chart (if you haven't yet)
─ set your chart accordingly as highlighted below chart image:
5) Press the "Home" key on your keyboard in order to show the current chart time frame data horizon. Such as, on M5 or M1 time frame - or any time frame that needed a much more tick data (volume) history to load on your chart.
─ Now, press "Pu" (page up button) on your keyboard... continue pressing it repeatedly and it will manually load more historical data to your chart.
─ You will need to do these for all the instruments/pairs or selectively the ones that you trade only
─ For the template maintenance... Reset the FXV template by simply pressing "Ctrl-B" >>> "Ctrl-A" >>> "Delete" button, and save as your default template
Note: The tools or indicators within the v2v trading system work in harmony with each other in terms of algorithm/parameters. Hence, if you attached it to your chart individually may not work fully or it may have issues.
6) If at this point you were still not able to make it work.. please read the attached image. Thank you